Need some cam bearing help

Sleeper

I have a 4.1 Stage 1 block and wanted to change out the cam bearing for the new cam. I noticed that the new cam does not have a groove in it and got a bearing set that had a groove on the back side. Need some help trying to figure out how to clock this new bearing with the two oil holes. Do I clock it to line up with the block holes, or offset it to direct more oil to the mains, or will that not make any difference because it has a backside groove?
Pics show what I have
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03904.JPG
    DSC03904.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • DSC03909.JPG
    DSC03909.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • DSC03910.JPG
    DSC03910.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
  • DSC03915.JPG
    DSC03915.JPG
    997.4 KB · Views: 156
With the block right side up, the oil feed holes should be at the 3 o'clock and 7 o'clock position. I usually mark the block side of the bearing at 12 o'clock and use that mark straight up to drive them in. You can blow some air through the main bearing oil feed holes to make sure they are in right, but with the rear groove it does not matter if they are a little off.

With the block right side up, the oil feed holes should be at the 3 o'clock and 7 o'clock position. I usually mark the block side of the bearing at 12 o'clock and use that mark straight up to drive them in. You can blow some air through the main bearing oil feed holes to make sure they are in right, but with the rear groove it does not matter if they are a little off.

Sorry don't mean to be rude but did you look at my pics?

Yes, I did. The oil passages look just like any 14 bolt block. I looked again and noticed that the holes in your bearings are a little different than the rear groove bearings TA sells. The TA bearings have the holes at 7 and 3 o'clock. Yours are opposite each other. If you install the small hole at 3 o'clock per Durabond instructions the large hole should be in line with the oil feed hole on the left. The idea is to have the oil travel around the back side of the bearing and restrict the oil to the drivers side passage to increase oil pressure at idle. I have installed 4 sets of the TA bearings and they worked great. I have never used Durabond, so maybe someone on the board has?

Yes, I did. The oil passages look just like any 14 bolt block. I looked again and noticed that the holes in your bearings are a little different than the rear groove bearings TA sells. The TA bearings have the holes at 7 and 3 o'clock. Yours are opposite each other. If you install the small hole at 3 o'clock per Durabond instructions the large hole should be in line with the oil feed hole on the left. The idea is to have the oil travel around the back side of the bearing and restrict the oil to the drivers side passage to increase oil pressure at idle. I have installed 4 sets of the TA bearings and they worked great. I have never used Durabond, so maybe someone on the board has?

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said, thinking that you meant that the blocks oil passages were at 7 and 3 o'clock. I forgot to mention (but corrected ) that this is a 4.1 block. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Thanks for the clocking advice. I'll line it up and see how it looks.