Need some answers

Wizard

How much would the factory cloth interior for the 84 GN be worth. It is stamped on the material the month and year. There is about 8 yards. Also, has anyone ever had a problem when the car is started cold and it trys to die? Once it warms up it still has a little bit trouble idling smoothly. Also, I need some in-sight about the temp and oil gauge hook up. The gauges are the Auto Meter Phantom series (mechanical).

my 84 does the idling rough thing every time I started in the morning. It almost dies. I have a complete tune up, fuel filter, oxygen sensor, new egr valve and cleaned the IAC valve. It still does it. I consider it normal even though is probably not.:confused:

idle

That's kind of the conclusion I have come up with myself. It doesn't hurt the performance so I am not much worried with it. Does your car use more fuel than normal? Mine seems to get bad gas milage. Also, do you know of where we can find out everything about the 84's with the VIN#? Thanks for the reply.

The VIN doesn't really tell you that much, just the make, model, year, country of manufacture, motor, and maybe a couple of other things. The RPO sticker in the trunk will really tell you the most about your car.

??

New vacuum lines. What is invlolved with changing over to the 87 ECM? I still have the original sticker under the trunk deck, where would one have the #'s translated into English.

Originally posted by Wizard
How much would the factory cloth interior for the 84 GN be worth. It is stamped on the material the month and year. There is about 8 yards.

Ebay. That's they only way for somethng like this.

The bad cold idle is not normal for any fuel injected car. Mine starts and runs fine no matter what temp, even when it was stock. Does it hesitate and run bad or is the idle too low when cold?

idle

When I first crank it over it fires quickly. The TPS will do its job and kick the RPM's up as normal. When the RPM's fall back to an idle it will try to die. Sometimes it dies and other times it won't. I had an 86 GN that would do the same thing but the problem with it was the TPS. Changed the one on the 84 and it didn't help it either way. Does the fuel regulator have any play towards this?

Thanks,
Kyle