Need some advice with tranny oil cooling lines

I figured out why the line got a leak in it, the oil pan trans cooler lines clip that should be there isn't there which allowed it to move more than they should be. My guess is someone before me having the car must of removed it and never put it back on the car, not sure if the tubing is even original to be honest as it looks quite new. Seriously thinking that someone changed them out at some point prior to me owning the car 4 years ago.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Found a safety pin tip sized hole in the line feeding into the trans oil cooler.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1412897636.917765.jpg

As you can see it rubbed over time on the edge of the engine eventually wearing a tiny hole in the line.
So now am about to tackle the finishing the repair of the line, then make sure there's no leak from it.
Will update once finished.

Update:
I had to cut off around 15 inches or 16 inches in length of the line and had to chop off about 3 or so inches off before the end of the section of line where the pin hole was. I am presently taking about 4 or 5 inches of transmission line hose and double clamping it onto each end of the 12 inches or so of the good cooling line section that i cut out between near the starter and under where the oil filter is that ran next to the passenger side of the oil pan. I am going to use the good 12 inch or so in length section of the cut out tran oil cooler line and run it in the same way it ran before but make sure it won't rub on anything. The around 5 inches or so of trans line hose that'll be double clamped on each side of that section will join up with the line coming off tranny near starter and the line going to the trans oil cooler that the section had to be cut out from to repair the oil cooler supply line will have a total of 4 clamps on each side of the splice section. There's not gonna be much chance of it leaking when i am done.

Last edited:
Here's one end i have double clamped so you can see what i'm doing.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1412906492.272672.jpg

I wasn't gonna run trans line hose for the whole splice, it wouldn't of worked as well. Hence me using alittle to help splice the oil cooler line section in place on each end.
That should get me back to driving her and then when money isnt as tight can go get a more permanent long term set of cool oil cooler lines stuff, :D

Last edited:
That should work for you. I went to a hose house and had some (after measuring for the right length) Aeroquip hoses with barb ends made up with the proper threads on the ends. Ran them along the frame out of the way. Have worked perfectly for 15 years. When you pull the engine, you can leave the crossover in place, because the damn stock lines are no longer threaded through there...

No more leaking fluid, she's fixed :D
So glad i got that done myself and there weather stayed nice enough so i could get it knocked out.
I had of course unhooked both terminals on the battery before i had messed near anything.
I didn't have to pull the starter nor have to take the rf tire off to do it, just jacked her up on the passenger side a bit to slide under the front to get to everything on my back. I stuck the full size spare tire under the passenger side of the car near the jack just so i had something there in case something happened.

Now just need to lower the jack and put some stuff away, then get alittle cleaned up to grab a bite to eat and let her re-learn herself again cause i had unhooked the battery. Probably put a few bucks in gas in the while i'm out doing the test drive, ran her a couple minutes in park and everything is great so pretty sure it's 100% fixed.
Thanks everyone for info, help, etc, i'm so happy right now i can't put it in words. :D