Need Opinions on All-In-One Classifieds Search Site

cfBuick

I'd like to get opinions on a new vehicle classifieds website that I created. The site searches for car, truck and motorcycle classifieds from over a dozen sources and then presents them in an easy to search format. The link is: http://www.ownster.com. Check it out. It's still being tweaked and I need your feedback.

Regards, E.

I'd like to get opinions on a new vehicle classifieds website that I created. The site searches for car, truck and motorcycle classifieds from over a dozen sources and then presents them in an easy to search format. The link is: OWNSTER.com - Find, Click & Buy Classic Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles and more.. Check it out. It's still being tweaked and I need your feedback.

Regards, E.

My work internet blocked this site because of "Adult Content"......is this legit?

Hey excobraguy, it is legit. Not sure why your being blocked? Ask your network admin or check the site out from home?

That is really weird. Never happened before. It *is* a car classifieds search site. I recently purchased the domain and developed the site. Perhaps the former owner of the domain used it for other purposes? :confused:

Either way, you should be able to view the site from your home PC.

Talked to my network admin w/regards to this. He said that sometimes, corporate firewalls have to be "trained" as to what sites are good and what sites are objectionable. He mentioned that we had to train our newest firewall when we went to amazon.com because amazon stores their images using a subdomain... ecx.amzon.com. Our firewall didn't like the "ecx" part.

Go figure.

Great site. As for suggestions... I think maybe adding mileage as a column, and then maybe the choice to sort the list -- mileage, price, distance, date listed, etc. Nicely done.

Great site. As for suggestions... I think maybe adding mileage as a column, and then maybe the choice to sort the list -- mileage, price, distance, date listed, etc. Nicely done.

Great suggestions! I should be able to sort by price. I'll add that to mt list of things to do. As for the other comments, the classifieds data is too inconsistent for those. By that I mean then many posts don't include a zip code or mileage in the data that is *available* for me to grab. Make sense?

Keep the comments coming... :smile:

I like the layout, looks nice.

Please add...

- Mercury Capri
- Toyota Tercel
- Mazda 323
- Volkswagen Type III

:biggrin:

Quick update...
- Added a site search to the top right hand corner of the site. It only searches auto listings, not parts. For parts, use the 'Parts' tab at the top of the page.
- Added a 'specialty' vehicle section. Currently only has eBay items now. Will have other classifieds like Craigslist soon.
- Added Kijiji.com as a classifieds source. Kijiji.com is probably the second largest free classifieds site behind Craigslist.

Another update: :)
I added Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Land Rover & Saab to the site. Also, I added a 'Parts Car' section under the 'Speciality' tab. If you have any thoughts on how I can improve the site, please let me know.

should search the forums too to get listings as well like from:

ls1tech
corvetteforum
digitalcorvettes
turbobuick
z06vette