Need my car shipped.... Suggestions?

Turbo RX-6

Rotary Motors Suck
I need my RX-7 shipped from Las Vegas to Chicago. I went to a site that gave me quotes from a few different companies. The cheapest was from A1A Auto Transport for $600 with a $125 deposit. This was a month ago. I'm thinking this is a decent price but I really cant wait much longer for them to contact me with a open spot. I would love some feedback and or suggestions because this is my first time shipping a car. Here is what they emailed me.

Origin City: Las Vegas
Origin State: NV
Origin Zip: 89148

Destination City: Darien
Destination State: IL
Destination Zip: 60561

Vehicle(s): 1987 Mazda RX-7
Vehicle(s) Run?: Yes
Transport Type: Open
First Date Vehicle is Available: Whenever there is a spot available for this price.

Total Charge: $600
Deposit: $125

Give us a call with the rest of the information, at this point the reservation has been made.
We will update you with truck drivers information as soon as we have a spot available.

Here is what A1A Auto Transport can do for you!

•Door to Door using an Open or Enclosed transport truck
•Stays on the same truck the entire trip
•Online Vehicle Tracking
•Fully insured during transport with $0 deductible
•USDOT licensed MC# 797030, bonded, and insured
•Full customer service department
•In house dispatch department
•Network of 2,500 transport truck drivers
•25 years experience in vehicle shipping
•Realistic rates so your auto is picked up on time
•No up front payment and no contract to sign

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Lots of horror stories out there with transporters and a quick internet search on A1A Auto Transport does not look promising. It pays to do some research or get some word of mouth references before choosing a transporter to ship your car, especially if you value this car.

Years ago I used The Car Shipping Company to ship my car from Florida to Hawaii. They were not the cheapest but I received excellent service and the car arrived in the same condition as it left.

That is what's commonly known as a "broker".
That $125 is his commission. The $600, [NOT $450], may well be what you have to pay the driver before he unloads it...
Brokers are a dime a dozen.. And, as mentioned, some are really shady.
Find a transporter that owns the trucks. Won't be $600, but the deal will likely go much smoother.
BTDT.....
IN ANY CASE: demand a written, before loading condition report. See it, BEFORE you pay the driver.

I can tell you right now They are all Logistic companies/brokers and its hit or miss on the driver and carrier you get.
I was looking for the cheapest carrier to get my roller in Chicago to me in the Philly area. I waited 2 weeks nothing cancelled my order with the one company. Found another company which was charging more money I was finally able to get my car pickedup and delivered.
It was door to door service the driver even helped me get the car into the driveway. Yes the driver gets cash/ money order on delivery that deposit goes to the Logistic company as a finders fee.

never pay a deposit until a truck is assigned. You will probably never get a driver at that price. I use Honey Bee.