need intake gasket fel-pro part #

Hot Air 85

turning parts into TR
I've got two parts stores giving me two different part #'s for the 1985 hot air intake gasket...MS96037 (autopart international) & MS96033 (advance auto) The first time I put it together I used the MS96033 but now that i'm getting a different part # i'm confused and would like to use the right one.

Thanks, Jeff

Fel-Pro MS 96033PB is what I used on an 86'. I dont care for the gaskets without the valley pan, sucks too much oil plus you get the hot splash on the underside of the intake. No leaks at all with th PB gasket for me.

Difference is this; the 96033 has provisions for EGR, while the 96037 has no provisions for the EGR.

Aside from that, they're identical. Follow the directions, and they seal great.

Do not use this gasket if you run smog on your car!!! It will fail on nox gases (I know from first hand experiance). Not enough egr flow.

Do not use this gasket if you run smog on your car!!! It will fail on nox gases (I know from first hand experiance). Not enough egr flow.

Yup! The 96037 has NO provisions for the EGR- the metal in the gasket has no hole for the EGR- hence, no flow......

FWIW, my EGR is blocked off, and I use the 96033 (only thing they had available at the time).