Need help!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Guys I'm in need of an 87 ESC Module.

Picking up too much false knock and want to swap the stocker out for an 87 as it is calibrated different and may filter out some of the crap I am picking up.

Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Any auto parts store. I had this same problem and spent money on a brand new ESC module and nothing changed. My false knock was the knock sensor touching the transmission housing. It was too tight and created false knock based on the rpm of the transmission. Removed knock sensor, reinstalled hand tight plus one half turn. Only goes off on real knock. Good luck- Brad

Brad has a point. If you have ever messed with the knock sensor and reinstalled it (or someone else did) it could be too tight and overly sensitive. 14 inch pounds is the torque, or as Brad said barely over finger tight.

Brad has a point. If you have ever messed with the knock sensor and reinstalled it (or someone else did) it could be too tight and overly sensitive. 14 inch pounds is the torque, or as Brad said barely over finger tight.

Squid,
Did you mean 14 Ft-lbs?

HOTSIX,
More than likely, your KR it is not the "oversensitive ESC module" itself.
While the 87 ESC has improved filtering, it will most likely not resolve the false KR issue.(Don’t ask how I know following my 7 year KR witch hunt :rolleyes:)

There are soooo many little things that cause false KR on these HA cars, it is crazy! :mad:
Of course, some cars are more sensitive than others . . . . . . I have comcluded to having a “Wonder Woman Month End sensitive vehicle”.

I may have the KR sensor a bit on the tight side . . . . . I think . . . . but I prefer it that way for now . . . . . until I am 200% sure it is false.
Of course, the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of KR is to unplug the sensor. :eek: