Need Help

Originally posted by fullahotair
A lot of people run the 307 fuel pump, yeah the 340 has some more capacity, but i think the 307 fits the bill for most people...
N8

Yes, after some vendors McGuiver the bypass valve....

Originally posted by TTypeRiv
MacGyver? Hey, whatever works...My car runs fine.

Never said it wouldn't.
Just not something we would do / sell for many good reasons.
The question is why would people do this when the price difference between the two pumps is only a few dollars??? :confused:

Originally posted by Racetronix
Never said it wouldn't.
Just not something we would do / sell for many good reasons.
The question is why would people do this when the price difference between the two pumps is only a few dollars??? :confused:

Well, what are your reasons? If it provides enough fuel at sufficient pressure? I don't see a problem.

Originally posted by TTypeRiv
Well, what are your reasons? If it provides enough fuel at sufficient pressure? I don't see a problem.

Years ago the 307 and 340 shared the same armature. Not anymore. The armature in the 340 is now different for a good reasons. This topic has been covered in detail before on this and other forums.

Racetronix will not sell a 307 for FI applications not will we modify the bypass valve in the 307 to get it to do something it was not designed to do.

Originally posted by Racetronix
Years ago the 307 and 340 shared the same armature. Not anymore. The armature in the 340 is now different for a good reasons. This topic has been covered in detail before on this and other forums.

Racetronix will not sell a 307 for FI applications not will we modify the bypass valve in the 307 to get it to do something it was not designed to do.

I still don't understand why the 307 is no good for my application? What is wrong with it? You have failed to explain your point.

Okay,
I read through all the posts for the most part. Skimmed some parts. But from what I see, most of the people that are debating the 307/340 are running bigger turbo, injectors, etc...I am running stock 85 GN turbo and injectors with a non-shimmed 307 fuel pump. I don't see anything wrong with this. There are a lot of people on those posts running 12s and some 11s on the 307. So my stock setup should be fine with it. Where am I going wrong?