Need HELP with tune!!

1936fordturbo

First I would like to say I am a new member of the forum, so this is my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a project car that I need help with the tuning or what you might think maybe some of it's issues. I have been building the car on and off over the past 7 years, yes 7 years and I am to the point where the car is making me crazy, :( I must drive it this year!!!
Some of the problems are poor idle, stalling at stops, popping at 14 psi of boost.
Here is what I have :

1987 Buick 231 stock block and heads
stock intercooler
turbo GT6152
60 pound injectors
extender chip ---- I believe still set on all default values
MAFT pro --- switch 1 on __2 on__3 off__4 off ----all dials switches at 0
converter orange stripe
70 mm throttle body Accufab
3 inch MAF ?
3 inch single exhaust
aftermarket Ron Francis wiring
scanmaster

I realize all may answers may come from reading the scanmaster, I just need some help with it. Let me know what readings you need.

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• 510 little.JPG
    510 little.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 532 little.JPG
    532 little.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 200
First, that is an awesome car. I've been waiting to see someone do a hot rod with a LC2.

The idle thing could be a lot of things, have you correctly set the TPS and IAC? Are you sure the MAF you are using (didn't say which one, only 3") isn't bad? Voltage to the fuel pump? Etc, etc.

In short, need some more information. :)

Thank You Kenny. Went home Yesterday and started the car and let it idle. Here are it's vitals signs at idle:

Temp 182
O2 jumps from 273-668
AF 02
L8 33
INT 123
BL 114
IAC 30
PL 1.6
SP 25
TPS 44

Also wanted to added MAF is new Gm, I believe it is a 3 1/2 inch LS1.
Building this car on and off over seven years I have forgotten many things that I have bought for it.

Attachments

• 4 small.JPG
    4 small.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 528 small.JPG
    528 small.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 182
Is the Mafs a LT1 or Ls1? what kind of fuel pump do you have? when was the last time you did a basic tune up? plugs, plug wires or replaced the coil pack....:confused: just throwing something out there:rolleyes:

Just wondering where are you located? There may be someone local that can help with the tuning hands-on. I think it's great you used an LC2 powerplant but tuning these can and will be a nightmare. Jon Hanson

Located 20 miles south of Cleveland, Oh . I am willing to travel a small distance to have tuned, but cannot do any long trips do to work priorities.

It'd be worth while to have a wideband O2 put in the car for tuning or all the time.
If your looking at WOT values try and target 780-840 range (mv) (On narrow band) for now.
What are you reading/scanning with? Direct Scan? ScanMaster?
I'd also double check spark energy out of that OEM pack/module.
What plugs are you running?
Sounds like a fuel or ignition timing issue.
Double check your Cam Sensor phazing as well.
Just a couple suggestions.
~Scott

Popping problem solved.:biggrin: It was a bad plug. Now I can get about 21 psi boost with no knock on pump gas. I am using a Scanmaster. O2 is 757 @ WOT. Should I fatten is up?
Dave

Yes, add fuel. Go for 780s in 3rd gear @ WOT.

Not my preferred method of tuning though, find a local chassis dyno with a wideband if you can.

If you can't I know of one local to me since you're less than two hours north...