Need help with transmission box #s

Gruvin84SS

ok all you TH200 4R transmission gurus, i need some help. i have got a line on a TH200 4R that has been rebuilt but it is in an "OG" box. is this ok? i have been told that this is a non-performance application box. what do i need to do to upgrade? does anyone know where to get a better valve body? The guy said that it is built to GN specs but on the copy of the build sheet, it does not say that they changed the valve body. what do you guys recommend that i do if anything to the tranny to make it hold up behind a 320 horse - 350 ft/lb of torque chevy 350. thanks for all your help!

Will work for that. May shift a little early... Good crusier and with some mods as you go along you could slowly dial it in. But it will work and drive.. OG is one of the less desired ones to use. It is soft on line and not really for a performance app but if you got it...:)

Bruce
We4

WE4,

will i need to make any changes to the box itself or just change out parts. i printed your post on strengthening the TH200. what are some of the main tendencies for this box. i think that i am getting a steal on this tranny. completely rebuilt in feb 2001. the build sheet was about 1800.00 and the guy said he would take 350.00 for it. i am really interseted in this deal but the "OG" box number was not on my list of boxes to look for. thanks for any help you guys can provide.

This is my daily driver and occasionally it becomes the weekend warrior or maybe a little "fly by nite" street racing if need be. i am intending to leave the monte basicly the way it is with the TPI 5.7 and the 3.42 rear gears. this is my only car. i am not worried about putting the miles on the car (already at 175,000) or running a 10 sec 1/4 mile (i would rather be in a road course race)either. i guess i am looking for 13's or 14's with a better top end using the overdrive. Since a stock monte ran avge of 15.9, a low 14's car would be good for me. plus i have to keep the drivability in mind. i was told today that swapping the valve body for better pressure would be a big help in extending the life of the tranny. do you think this is needed? if so, where can i get a performance valve body(already complete with shift kit), servos, and new GN govenor to uprade the tranny? thanks for your help bruce.