Need Help with disappearing Boost Problem!!!

boostmaster

I don't know when it started but I really noticed it when I took my car to the track and tried to turn the boost up. I usually run between 12.9's - 13.5's depending on my 60ft @ a trap speed around 103-4 mph. Last week I went to the track and could only get a best of 14.3 @93mph. I thought it was a trans problem at first but I realized later after pulling my hair adjusting fuel psi, boost, turning off the alky and anything else I could think of. Ok back to the problem during a WOT blast my boost is disappearing going from 20psi-12psi, 18psi-10psi, and then 18-10,18-10,18-15. I'm like what the hell. Any suggestions? Spark blow out? Also all runs are with 0 KR. Also its not the puck been runnin this turbo for a while and this just started.

First off the car is a hot air, no intercooler, 2nd the wastegate rod is tight, real tight only about 3-4 threads left. I'm thinking possibly a bad wastegate built don't know how to test it. If the wastegate is okay it may possibly be a bad turbo.

What type of exhaust system do you have on your car. Is the cat starting to plug up? If no cat -possible exhaust leak?

Just off the top of my head I'd say wastegate actuator is bad but it could be alot of other things such as hose leak, intercooler leak, etc. Probably not the turbo if it's coming up that high to begin with.

disconnect the waste gate actuator.. then pull on the rod yourself and see if it is tight...the waste gate acctuator works on pressure check all your hoses to turbo and actuator.