need help with an 85 regal

destinee85regal

destinee 85 buick regal
ok i need some help ive worked on this car all my life my mom got it when i was little i know it inside and out i want to drop a 350 sb chevy in it and dont know what kind of tranny i need i want to convert it to manual and need some help cause ive never done that
i dont want to boost the car or anything i love n/a
i just want a nice car thats got some power to mess with the imports in my town hit me up if you can help :biggrin:

1) What's in it currently? 2) How much money do you want to spend? 3)What's the point or goal of this conversion? I can tell you're young and most people just say "put a chevy in it". If you're looking for a unique vehicle You may already have one and just don't relize it. It's almost an antique and it may be worth more keeping it as close to original as you can to keep the value. Check ont the restoration and before black to get a better idea.

id have to ask my mom but its out of an el camino it doesnt really matter to me how much it will cost i want it to be a project car im in no rush yeah i am young my mom got the car when i was about 3 im 18 now and i bought it from her and i dont want to restore it thats not why i got it and yes it would be worth more but im not planning on ever selling the car so the car being valueable doesnt matter to me i just want to have a car i can have fun with on the road and take to the strip every now and then

if it's just a regular 85 regal and not turbo car, then you might as well have fun with it- it's never gonna be worth a lot.
as for putting a small block in it, just swap in the right frame mounts from a G body with a Chevy V8 and it drops right in.
if it currently has a 307 Olds engine in it, then a 350 or 455 Olds is a drop in deal, and would be more unique than a small block Chevy.
if it's got a Buick V6, then a turbo motor would be a good swap...
one quick pointer for when you ask more questions.. there are buttons on the keyboard that indicate when one sentence is done and you are moving onto a new sentence.. they are called "punctuation" and really help make it more clear what you are saying.
they look like this- . , ? !
those are the basics- learn them and use them.. please..

LOL Derrik. Kids these days, Huh? If you're determined to do it then do some research but since you're so young you may regret it when you get older. There are several cars I thought about over the years and wish I hadn't done them wrong. An sbc swap isn't hard and if the engine is still in the camino then so are the frame mounts for the engine. 78 and up use the same basic frames and parts.