need help with a no start condition

fearsno1

car is 87 GN, car is on E85, 80 lb injectors that were just cleaned and flowed before installing, put car on trailer to bring to the transmission shop, as it was recently just rebuilt and it won't shift into 3rd and 4th, but thats another problem for another day, anyway, drove car onto trailer, get to the trans shop to unload and car won't start, brought it back home, and started diagnosis, fuel pressure is fine, has spark, has power to injectors (don't have a noid light to check fire of them but i do have voltage to injectors using a test light), i changed crank sensor but nothing changed, sparkplugs are new and look fine, car doesn't even try to start, just turns over.

no codes via the scanmaster. not sure what else to do. i was going to recheck the cam sensor, would that cause a no start condition if it was bad? and how do i even determine if it is bad? I'm so frustrated and not sure what else to do!!

Thanks
Brandon

update, tried starting again and still won't start, i used an injector tester, and i am getting fire for them, i then decided to spray some starting fluid into the throttle body, car chugged and ran for about 3 seconds and killed, i tried to start it again with same result, on the third time it fired up and ran just fine!! WTF?? I have since killed it and restarted a number of times and everything seems fine, runs, idles and revs just fine. I am happy that it is now running but I would like to know the root of the problem and I'm at a loss. no codes from the scanmaster either.

any ideas?

update, tried starting again and still won't start, i used an injector tester, and i am getting fire for them, i then decided to spray some starting fluid into the throttle body, car chugged and ran for about 3 seconds and killed, i tried to start it again with same result, on the third time it fired up and ran just fine!! WTF?? I have since killed it and restarted a number of times and everything seems fine, runs, idles and revs just fine. I am happy that it is now running but I would like to know the root of the problem and I'm at a loss. no codes from the scanmaster either.

any ideas?

Loaded up on fuel .. not that uncommon

brought it to trans shop and it wouldn't crank again! put a shot of starter fluid and fired right up.

why would it continue to do this? what would cause it?

i ran it for 20-30 minutes on the trailer, left my house, 20 minutes later stopped at a gas station to get something to drink, fired it up no problem, 15 minutes after that arrived at trans shop and car won't start! UGH

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Might not be getting enough pressure or your fuel pump could be going south. Your first post says you have good fuel pressure but if you're starting it with starter fluid are you sure you have enough fuel pressure?

Yes "fuel pressure fine" is not very specific. What is fuel pressure while cranking during the no start condition?

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to work on the tune. You probably need more cranking fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk