need help what size rim and slick will fit on gn

JustAnotherSix

i have a 87 gn im try to figure out what szie wheel and et drag will fit on the back with out rolling the lips or notching the frame im was told that a 15x8 with a 4.5 back spacing and a et drag 28x9x15 will fit but i want to know for sure the car is to clean to roll the lips i just want to fit a nice sized tire on it can you guys help me thank you

I have 15 x 8 wheels with 4" back spacing with MT 28 x 9 ET Drags. It fits but it's really close on the frame w/a little room at the fender. I think a 4.5" back space is too much and 3.75" may be ideal.

I have 15 x 10's with 4.5'' backspacing and MT 28 by 10.5 stiffwall slicks and rolled lips on the quarter.

I remember trying this rim size before rolling and it was awful close but no cigar.

I run 28x9 MT ET Drags too, but on a stock T wheel with a 3/4 inch hubcentric spacer with ARP studs. Plenty of room never rubs, and no rolling of the quarter panel.

i have a 87 gn im try to figure out what szie wheel and et drag will fit on the back with out rolling the lips or notching the frame im was told that a 15x8 with a 4.5 back spacing and a et drag 28x9x15 will fit but i want to know for sure the car is to clean to roll the lips i just want to fit a nice sized tire on it can you guys help me thank you

I am running the exact set up with my pro stars. I had to use a 5/16" spacer on each side but it worked great with my stock wheel wells.

I run the stock GN rim, which has a backspacing of 4" with the MT 28 X 9 slick...no issue hitting the frame or wheel lip.