Need Help! Unknown wires!

TA^Guy

The other day while removing my power steering pump on my '84 GN I noticed something while I was cleaning up.
On the passengers side inner fender there is three wires that go into a harness. The wire colors are white/grey/green. The harness is disconnected and one of the wires (I believe the green one) is cut with a butt connector on it, but nothing else. I have only owned this car for a few months, it has 58,000 miles and has been owned by three other people. I've searched for info on what the wires are and came up empty handed. If anyone could help me identify the wires and maybe why someone would disconnect and cut them would great alot.
Thank you for your time.

good luck man

man, this is just my .02 good luck finding info on wires or diagrams. One thing I cant believe is the lack of diagrams on the web for our cars, I'm switching dashes in my 83 to an 87 and it's a real bitch. Hopefully someone helps ya out..

Your lucky day.

My guess is power antenna wiring. C464 on the '87 cars.

You got one?

Yes, I do have a power antenna, but when I purchased the car it was snapped off at the base. I suppose it's possible someone unplugged it after it was broke. I'll be looking into replacing it soon. I'm hoping I won't have to replace the entire unit, cause it won't be cheep.
Thanks for the help.

Thats exactly what happened. The motor couldnt pull the mast down anymore to trip the shutoff, so someone cut/unplugged it.

Re: good luck man

Originally posted by Yedi
man, this is just my .02 good luck finding info on wires or diagrams. One thing I cant believe is the lack of diagrams on the web for our cars, I'm switching dashes in my 83 to an 87 and it's a real bitch. Hopefully someone helps ya out..

All the diagrams are posted on www.gnttype.org

Steve Wood

Steve,
Yes I've been to that site many times, theres some very helpful things there. As far as the wiring diagrams though the clarity is not there, I mean it's hard to make heads or tails on those things.

One place that has it all is the local library.

Buick Service Manual is the best $75 you will ever spend on the car.

Even better than a Walbro 340 in MHO. :)

service Manual

I agree on the service manual. Got mine for the 83 off of E-bay for $25, 2 huge books, and a fisher body book just for the Regal, cool stuff..