need help tuning...

jsta6

John 15:17
I have done a lot to my GN, and now I just got Turbolink and I want to tune it. I need a little help getting started.

My mods can be found here:
http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/s/h/shawnco/gn.html

How do these numbers look:
IDLE:
IAC index 35 # 13 %
LV8 (Load).... 49 #
TPS volts..... 0.46 V
Integrator.... 121 #
O2 volts...... 636 mV
Mass Air Flow. 7 GPS
Block Learn... 109 #
O2 delta cnts. --- #
MAP/Boost....14.0 INHG

WOT:
IAC index 68 # 26 %
LV8 (Load).... 255 #
TPS volts..... 4.56 V
Integrator.... 128 #
O2 volts...... 707 mV
Mass Air Flow. 195 GPS
Block Learn... 128 #
O2 delta cnts. 0 #
MAP/Boost.... 8.0 INHG

I am getting a lot of knock during WOT runs in the lower gears, and REALLY REALLY A LOT of knock during WOT runs in overdrive on high speed cruises on the freeway (moving it from 75-100mph)

TIA

Im no expert but it seems that you are running a little rich @ idle,might want to knock your tps down to 42 or 44 46 is right on the line dont know if that will help or not.
WOT if you like to tune by 02's witch i dont you are running lean on top most people like to see 820's,are you using enough alky?

By the way under the hood of your car is SHARP!!!!!

LOVE THE LEATHER (how much and who)

636 and 707 O2's is lean, way lean. Ignore the idle O2; the BLM and INT looks reasonably ok there, as well as at WOT since the chip is obviously locking it. You don't have alot of vacuum at idle (14 MAP/Boost is the vacuum reading I assume); might want to check for a leak since 17 - 20 would be more normal for stock. How much boost and fuel pressure along with the usual accompanying questions (does it go up with boost :D)? Finally, when does your SMC Alky kit kick in? I got one and strangely the light would come on when activated but it didn't spray. Now I'm not flaming Steve C. but people are human; my wiring harness was wired backwards at the pump connection. We talked and I fixed it without sending back despite his repeated and gracious offers to take it back and fix it; he's just such a nice guy that I did the simple wire-switch myself. Moral of the story: watch your tank level and see if it goes down after a WOT blast. Good luck.

86gn

thanks for your reply.

Thanks about the engine. It just takes time, but it was real easy and fun. You have to do a little at a time...

I am going to turn the alchy up.

Also, these readings were taken BEFORE the hot wire kit for the fuel pump. I just did that last night. I will try to take new readings and get back to you. I am assuming the extra 1 1/2 volts to the pump will fix it.

I got the leather from Jax seat cover in wisconsin. A club member owns an upholstery shop and he gave me a deal getting it installed.

http://www.jaxseatcover.com

John Larkin

thanks for your reply.

These readings were taken BEFORE the hot wire kit for the fuel pump. I just did that last night. I will try to take new readings and get back to you. I am assuming the extra 1 1/2 volts to the pump will fix it.

I don't know about the vacuum. Ken Mosher says I accidentally had the optional boost sensor switch on, so I will turn that off and see if it changes.

The alchy is working. I can here it working when I prime it, and I can see the knock go down when it kicks in during the lower gears. I am going to turn the spray and turn on levels up to see if it cures some of the top end knock.

Ok, I made another run. I can now say that my knock is GONE!

Unfortunately, I was very short on time, and I don't know if it was the hot wire kit, or the fact that I upped the alchy pump speed by two clicks. Sorry I didn't have the time to work on that one.

Here are my numbers before the run at idle:
IAC index 57 # 22 %
LV8 (Load).... 63 #
TPS volts..... 0.46 V
Integrator.... 116 #
O2 volts...... 675 mV
Mass Air Flow. 8 GPS
Block Learn... 110 #
O2 delta cnts. 8 #
Man. Air Temp. 120 °F

During the run at WOT:
IAC index 57 # 22 %
LV8 (Load).... 104 #
TPS volts..... 3.48 V
Integrator.... 128 #
O2 volts...... 753 mV
Mass Air Flow. 101 GPS
Block Learn... 128 #
O2 delta cnts. --- #
Man. Air Temp. 108 °F
Again, I don't know what is up with my MAF #'s. I did get a code 42 at the end of this run, but I think that was a fluke.

IAC index 45 # 17 %
LV8 (Load).... 47 #
TPS volts..... 0.46 V
Integrator.... 120 #
O2 volts...... 664 mV
Mass Air Flow. 8 GPS
Block Learn... 109 #
O2 delta cnts. --- #
Man. Air Temp. 120 °F
and
IAC index 47 # 18 %
LV8 (Load).... 50 #