need help...some what radio related.

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
My sisters 1992 honda accord's parking lights will not go off, even with car on, you have to pull the fuse to them under the hood. This all started when the illumination wire to the radio touched something and burned but didn't appear to have hurt anything. I do not know all of the story because I was not there, but I'm stuck with having to try and find out whats wrong. I've checked all fuse under hood and in car and my dad said he checked all wires in car and light switch on column and everything looks good. Any ideas????

It sounds like the ilumination wire did hurt something, its possible that the switch for the headlight/parking light got dammaged. They also have a small circuit board, try disconnecting the switch entirely to see if parking lights will go off.

If the light is activated by the stalk on the steering column, circuit board should be inside dash.

My dad just told me that he had the stalk out today totally disconnected and they were still one. He just told me that he hooked up a switch in the car, so my sister doesn't have to pop the hood and mess with fuse everytime she gets in or out of the car. He said he found a group of wires under the dash by the window washer switch, and the first one he touched was hot but the rest weren't, he said one controlled the chime, then headlights, and when he cut the hot one off went the parking lights, so he hooked a switch to it. This is a good quick fix but it still needs to be fixed and work like it use to. From the information I got, the wire he cut starts at the lights and is red/black, then goes to were he cut and comes out gray/red, he said there are no signs of damage. I'm stumped.

Has the wiring that went to the radio been disconnected completely from the lights circuits?

If not that would be a good test.

Good luck.

There should be a circuit board with or without a heat sink on it inside dash, try to disconnect the harness from that to see of the lights go off. The circuit boards are sensitive to short circuits and will damage easily with a direct short. If you get a wiring schematic, that will help you chase down the problem much quicker.

By the way is there an aftermarket alarm in there? Could be a bad parking light relay in the alarm? Another thing you can do is work from the radio first, did you had a aftermarket radio installed? Check the wiring at the radio, get the wiring as far out as possible and get a razor and cut the electric tape around the wiring and check if the black/red stripe is melted to the white/yellow stripe, someone might had replaced the factory fuse to a higher one.