Need help selecting an air filter

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I need to figure out what size air filter I need for my goals, (1000 HP flywheel). Anyone have any idea on how much cfm per square inch of filter material flows?

This is what I am running
parts-020-jpg.90650

forcost: 3141786 said:
This is what I am running
parts-020-jpg.90650
Wtf filter is that? Looks like a bhaf the diesel guys run. How does it flow when comared to k&n, afe, aem...?

It is a K&N #3260. With the longer one piece air dam, I think I can fit the 12" version, the 10" version for sure. The whole air intake was from Red Armstrong.

The example on the right (blue filter), looks to be the "Scotty Air II/III" system as adapted to the Cummins Ram.

Scotty Filter Co., went to INA for their improved (replacement) foam filter element.

I replaced my K&N (washed it way too many times) and updated to the 2 layer foam element.
Just serviced it the first time and I'm more than pleased with the job it performs for my HO ISB.
Note: The INA foam filter cleans up better and easier than the K&N and does a better filtering job.

UN-less you are running a turbine, I see no reason the Scotty system would be restrictive on the S2. (It's plenty big).

Note...when comparing one filter rating with another, make sure they are all rated at the same pressure drop! 100 cfm/sq in at 1" of Hg is way different than 100 cfm/sq in at 5" of Hg. You also need to know what size particle the filter media is collecting since a filter media good to 1 micron is way different than one good to only 100 microns. Be sure you are comparing apples with apples.
Conrad