Need Help quick. PL and fuel psi configuring

ok, I just saw the sensor info in your post.

.5 - 4.5v 0 - 145psi,

I hope this is helpful.
Bob

the PLC updates that INI file each time the application closes. It should be automatically generating those custom analog settings components of the file.....

It's not working..
I triple checked the wire going to the terminal block at I4 for PL. The wire is tinned so it should be making a god connection.

I changed to the below settings and saved the ini file. Then I plugged it into the car and started it up and still no fuel pressure reading. I disconnected the wiring harness under the hood and plugged it back in but still nothing. The analog4screen doesn't even show the new names I gave them.

Here's my ini file:

CustomAnalog4Name=Fuel Pressure PSI
CustomAnalog4LongName=Fuel Pressure PSI
CustomAnalog4Tag=FPSI
CustomAnalog4GaugeMin=0
CustomAnalog4GaugeMax=100
CustomAnalog4GraphMin=0
CustomAnalog4GraphMax=100
CustomAnalog4MinValue=0
CustomAnalog4MaxValue=145
CustomAnalog4MinVolt=0.5
CustomAnalog4MaxVolt=4.5

test2.jpg

test.jpg

What else do I do??

ks

OH Sh!t..

I think I may have found the issue.. The connection for I4 is NOT under "4" on the daughter PCB it's under "5".... Sit tight and I'll be right back.

ks

OH Sh!t..

I think I may have found the issue.. The connection for I4 is NOT under "4" on the daughter PCB it's under "5".... Sit tight and I'll be right back.

ks

This was the problem. I can now read fuel pressure but the graph "name" didn't change. See below. How does it get updated?

test2.jpg

ks

There ya go!

Even though the transducer transfer function is supposed to be 0.5V-4.5V for 0-145psi you may find that it is a little bit "off calibration". To get a perfect zero you can loosen the transducer (after the fuel pump has primed) so it sees a known 0 psi fuel pressure. Then see what the voltage is reading on the config screen. Take that voltage reading and put it into the INI file in place of the 0.5V

Mine was "zeroed" perfectly at 0.47 - 0.48 volts.

There ya go!

Even though the transducer transfer function is supposed to be 0.5V-4.5V for 0-145psi you may find that it is a little bit "off calibration". To get a perfect zero you can loosen the transducer (after the fuel pump has primed) so it sees a known 0 psi fuel pressure. Then see what the voltage is reading on the config screen. Take that voltage reading and put it into the INI file in place of the 0.5V

Mine was "zeroed" perfectly at 0.47 - 0.48 volts.

Ah.. Good to know..

I gotta tell you, and anyone else that reads all my BS in this thread: I always thought my mechanical gauges would be accurate..WRONG.

After installing PL last week I found that my boost gauge was NOT accurate, it was showing about 3psi LOW. So boost was actually around 33psi.

And my fuel pressure gauge? This damn thing was reading 10psi low. After installing a new fuel psi transducer I discovered that my fuel pressure at idle was only 32psi, vacuum hose off!!! This may explain the 117% duty cycle from the injectors even at my "lower" boost setting. I still have new inj. and chip coming but it's amazing that something didn't happen to this motor.. I'm glad I had an audible knock detector b/c this was THE thing I listened for.

ks

I like to use both the MAP sensor boost reading and the fuel pressure reading to make a judgement on how accurate everything is. If both sesnors agree then it's a good indicator that they are both accurate.
I have a car with an autometer boost gauge and it's pretty good. The gauge agrees with both the MAP and the fuel pressure. My other car has a VDO boost gauge and it's just like yours. Shows 26 or 27psi on the gauge but the MAP sensor and the fuel pressure sensor both indicate boost is actually 32psi. Checked it for leaks and such, nothing wrong. Just a crappy old boost gauge.

I think my PL and manual boost gauge are within a lb of each other. Old VDO that I bought in 1997. lol But it is normal for both not to read the exact same. I have heard of some issues with those cheapo MAP sensor. Reading off by 5lbs. On an SD set up/alky that would not be a good thing. :)