Need help please

turboteet

Hello everyone, i have an 85 t type all stock. She has a problem starting up, in the past when she didnt start the 1st time, i would wait five minutes and then she'll start right up. Well two days ago this method didnt work and now she wont start. I can her crank but she wont turn over to start if that makes any sense. My ejectors and sparks plugs are new. Any suggestions?

Put a fuel pump and hotwire kit in it if not already done. Have you tried spraying either in the throttle body aka starting fluid this is a way to check your fuel pump

I have an new adj fuel pump but not a hot wire yet. Haven't tried spraying the tb yet either. Thanks for the suggestion

Not clear if your motor is spinning or not. "Turn over" describes engine movement. As does cranking sometimes.
No spinning (turning over) means something wrong with start circuit like starter and solenoid or low battery voltage.
Assuming it is turning over (spinning)…
Do you hear the fuel pump 2 sec prime when you key on to first position? Ever change fuel filter? Does oil light go out when motor spinning?

Drewster on Tapatalk

So I heard the pump the only warning lights that come on are brake and water temp...ill will change the filter this week and spray the tb and try to start her again. Thanks again for the help

You can also disconnect a spark plug wire and put it near some grounded metal while someone else tries to start it. You should see/ hear a spark jumping to the metal. Don't hold the wire in your hand. The spark will hurt if you get zapped
Dark location helps to see it too.

Drewster on Tapatalk

Ill try that too drewster thanks. So update my mechanic told he did not put in a new fuel pump. I'm going to put in a new adj one in too. Is it hard to put one in myself?

So I heard the pump the only warning lights that come on are brake and water temp...ill will change the filter this week and spray the tb and try to start her again. Thanks again for the help
When you key on you should have a check engine light flash once, and stay lit until you crank it over....if no check engine light at all, you have no power to the ECM (check the ecm fuse) or a bad ECM. Both will cause a no start condition.

When you key on you should have a check engine light flash once, and stay lit until you crank it over....if no check engine light at all, you have no power to the ECM (check the ecm fuse) or a bad ECM. Both will cause a no start condition.
So I tried again and the check engine late stays on while trying to start the car

I would get a fuel gauge first to troubleshoot the no start before buying the pump. Something like Kirbans 6629.
A fuel pump ungrade is good thing to do but you need to find out what is wrong first.
This should help. http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/no_start_tree.htm

Drewster on Tapatalk

Last edited: