Need help picking a converter

Grandn2

I have a te60 & the recommended stall is 2800, I talked to bison and he said a 2600 would spool it fine but ima go with a 2800. I just dont understand which 1 to get. nl/lu 9" 9.5" 10" 12", what is the differences and which company to buy, cpt, ptc, ck etc... I'm only driving on the street

I have a te60 & the recommended stall is 2800, I talked to bison and he said a 2600 would spool it fine but ima go with a 2800. I just dont understand which 1 to get. nl/lu 9" 9.5" 10" 12", what is the differences and which company to buy, cpt, ptc, ck etc... I'm only driving on the street

If Bison said 2600 go with the 2600.

I have the same turbo with the Garret OE exhaust housing
i am using a ProTorque 9.5 2800 LU and love it.
the LU is great for cruising as it keeps the RPMS way down.

BTW your trans NEEDS to be set up for either LU or NL, so check that out before you buy.

He actually said my factory converter will do fine but it won't spool as fast but he recommended the 2600.. What is the factory tran set up for and what tc can be used?

OK, listen up...at 74 posts, you dont really want to go against Bison's advise this early in the game. His knowledge of these set-ups goes so many layers deep, that 90% or more of the board can only scratch the surface of it. If he said 2600 will get you what you want, then you better get the 2600, cause the next time you need advise...you may not get it, if you didnt listen up the 1st time.
As for which company...PTC all the way. I just did a 3000 lock up in my car with a Te62. Start a conversation with Dusty Bradford and get one coming. About 5 bills will do it...plus shipping.

Thanks
Coach

I used to have a stock D5 with the TE-60 in my sig. It would lag for a second when you would nail the pedal on a dead stop. An upgrade to 2600 would reduce lag.

74 post, thats why I'm asking questions buddy. Everybody has their own opinions, I know he's a expert and it also says recommended stall is 2800. Even then I already got the answer I needed and the I asked another question about the size and I didn't get a answer yet. Better to measure 100 times and make 1 cut.. Thats what this forum is for ...

I used to have a stock D5 with the TE-60 in my sig. It would lag for a second when you would nail the pedal on a dead stop. An upgrade to 2600 would reduce lag.
I have almost the same set up as u, how do u like the 2800 with the te60?

A 2600 will spool the TE-60. 2800 is a very common stall for a turbo of that size. What are your goals for the car et wise? What rpm does the car shift at WOT?

If a car will be pushed into the low 11's and shifted at 5200 rpm then the tighter converter will be best. If you want faster spool and it's just a fun street car the 2800 will probably make you happier.

A 2600 will spool the TE-60. 2800 is a very common stall for a turbo of that size. What are your goals for the car et wise? What rpm does the car shift at WOT?

If a car will be pushed into the low 11's and shifted at 5200 rpm then the tighter converter will be best. If you want faster spool and it's just a fun street car the 2800 will probably make you happier.
And this is exactly why I refered Kevin to you from the 301 garage Dusty.:) He and I thank you for taking the time to talk to him and sorting out his converter for his TTA.;):cool:

74 post, thats why I'm asking questions buddy. Everybody has their own opinions, I know he's a expert and it also says recommended stall is 2800. Even then I already got the answer I needed and the I asked another question about the size and I didn't get a answer yet. Better to measure 100 times and make 1 cut.. Thats what this forum is for ...

I wasnt trying to insult you. Cant tell if your younger or older... Just letting you know, you got your answer from a member who really knows.
I see this in my shop with apprentices all the time. They go from one journeyman to another asking how to do a certain job. It makes the first journeyman very mad, because he already wasted the time telling him...in detail...how to do it. Then the apprentice goes and does it another way. The next time the kid needs help...he goes to the 1st journeyman again...and guess what...he doesnt get the help he needed because he didnt listen the first time.
No biggie.

The size of your convertor will be taken care of when you tell whoever you are buying it from, your set up. I would imagine you will end up with a 10" for a 2600 LU. I never even asked...I told Dusty what my set up was and he shipped it straight to my tranny shop. It was put in the car and all I ever saw was the box.

:D

And this is exactly why I refered Kevin to you from the 301 garage Dusty.:) He and I thank you for taking the time to talk to him and sorting out his converter for his TTA.;):cool:

Your welcome. A large part of getting the right converter is understanding the combo and how it will be used. At times I've had to tell guys a converter will not be a magic fix for a poor combo. I'm glad I was able to help.

The size of your convertor will be taken care of when you tell whoever you are buying it from, your set up. I would imagine you will end up with a 10" for a 2600 LU. I never even asked...I told Dusty what my set up was and he shipped it straight to my tranny shop. It was put in the car and all I ever saw was the box.

:D

Coach is right. To get the proper stall you will be in a 9.5" or 10" converter. You may see a 12" advertised as a 2600 but a 12" converter won't see 2600 rpm until at least 5psi unless something inside it is way wrong. A 12" will stall 2200-2300. To get higher you have to move to a 9.5 or 10" core.