Need Help On Injector Sizing!

Well, made some headway today. I pulled the rails off the car last night to get prepped for running the new return today, and I gathered up my injectors and took them over to my buddies shop to get new o-rings for them. Long story short, he had a set of them there...new in box. Much to my suprise, the are rated for 56lbs! Thats a load off my shoulders.

So, it would appear that I am almost at the limit of what my pump can support, so I am going to add meth for now and see what happens. Either way, I am glad I didnt spring on those injectors last night. Woulda been a waste of money.

DoWork, where are you located? you would do well to see if there is a buick club in your area where you could have some experienced eyes look over the car.

DoWork, where are you located? you would do well to see if there is a buick club in your area where you could have some experienced eyes look over the car.

I'm in Wausau, WI. I highly doubt there is a club around here...we're pretty far out in the weeds. I know there is another Gn here in town, and a T, but I really dont think either are modded.

Well, made some headway today. I pulled the rails off the car last night to get prepped for running the new return today, and I gathered up my injectors and took them over to my buddies shop to get new o-rings for them. Long story short, he had a set of them there...new in box. Much to my suprise, the are rated for 56lbs! Thats a load off my shoulders.

So, it would appear that I am almost at the limit of what my pump can support, so I am going to add meth for now and see what happens. Either way, I am glad I didnt spring on those injectors last night. Woulda been a waste of money.

Well thats good news. With that combo, you should be able to run 70-72 psi total (base + boost) fuel pressure (if needed) with no issues. The total fuel flow will be about 58 gph (at 100% duty cycle if needed) which should be good for 580+ hp (on pump gas alone).

Well thats good news. With that combo, you should be able to run 70-72 psi total (base + boost) fuel pressure (if needed) with no issues. The total fuel flow will be about 58 gph (at 100% duty cycle if needed) which should be good for 580+ hp (on pump gas alone).

:eek:wow......thanks man! I think I may be getting excited for no reason though. You are saying I will have fuel to support 580, not my car is capable of making that, right?

I worked for quite a while last night working out a few bugs in the car. I am really hoping to wrap up the new fuel system tonight, or at least get to the point where all that is left is to install the fuel cell. I am probably gonna start firewalling my trunk tonight too.

:eek:wow......thanks man! I think I may be getting excited for no reason though. You are saying I will have fuel to support 580, not my car is capable of making that, right?

Right. Hp depends on the airflow also. The number given was only for what the fuel system is capable of.

You really need to bring the car to one of us guys that play with this stuff daily. There are so many different possibilities that could go wrong with that car. Someone just needs to walk through the car and then walk you through it. I'm not too terribly far and could help if you wanted.

That would be awesome. I would even pay mileage and feed whomever wants to make the drive. Although, funds are getting kind of short right now. It would have to wait a bit for my bank account to recoup. I still need to find a laptop with a serial port on it, or a decent adapter so that I can get some logs once this thing is running again.

I ordered the rest of my fittings and such today, and I am thinking the Cell should be here by the end of the week...barring any unforseen problems. I have been killing time by cleaning stuff and repainting things that were begining to show thier age. Sad part is, the further I get into the car, the more I HATE the guy who sold it to me. All in all though, it is ultimatley my fault and my mess. I got excited when I found the car and jumped on it.

Just to give you guys the "scope" of things I have been dealing with........

-All the old gauges that were wire with telephone line
-The FAST was wired using wire nuts
-valve cover gaskets were pretty much non-existant
-fuel tank was full of sandblasting media from when the sump was welded on
-fuel pump wasnt hotwired
-600000000000000 splices in the feed line
-return was plumbed back into the feed
-new feed was welded to the rails, and the old feed was left in place and sealed with a shrink cap
-I was told the car had around 46k on it when I bought it.....and I was told I could get a mileage statement that said this....it never showed up. I later found an emissions test slip in the car from 1989 that said the car had 29k on it then. Oh, and my odometer doesnt work. My fault....shoulda researched more.
-Collapsed spring on the PS rear held up by an air bag

This si just a SHORT list of what I can remember as of right now. On the flip side of things, I do know that the motor is pretty fresh and the turbo is new. Trans fluid is perfect as is the rear dif fluid. Also, the interior is MINT.

All in all, I love the car. I really do. I just wish that I could enjoy it more often. I know having to store it in the winter is a given, but I have only maybe driven it about a weeks worth of cumulative time this summer. I just keep telling myself to take my time and make it right, and not rush things because it will cost more in the end.

Thanks for all of your help guys...I really appreciate it. You guys have taught me TONS more than I could ever ask thus far.

Dont get me wrong, you'd have to bring the car to me!;) I'm nice but not quite that nice!

LOL, oops. I guess I have to make it run and make sure its realiable then. Maybe we can figure out something in the next upcoming months.