Need help in Denver installing rjc wastegate assembly in old ATR dp

Its an internal wastegate assembly with the larger puck. My puck was sticking. The part I don't want to attempt is the bushing/sleeve. It looks like the old one needs to be machined or pressed out and the new pressed in. I could probably handle the rest/welding.

I got the boost controller from rjc, but its pretty straight forward. Great people/great products.

I gotcha, you want to install a new RJC waste gate puck assembly.
I'm a little slow tonight.

Longmont welding in Longmont CO ((303) 776-1212) and Grayco Precision in Berthud CO ((970) 532-2688) are two places I've used when I lived in Estes Park years ago. Both are 45 min. from Denver.
You may try a web search for welding shops in the Denver area as well. If it's something they can't handle they may be able to suggest someone.

On a side note, from the searches I've done, it looks .95 Dia. is the ideal size for the waste gate hole when it comes to porting.
Any larger and the exhaust pressure can push the puck open, limiting your boost if your shooting for upper 20 lbs.

I gotcha, you want to install a new RJC waste gate puck assembly.
I'm a little slow tonight.

Longmont welding in Longmont CO ((303) 776-1212) and Grayco Precision in Berthud CO ((970) 532-2688) are two places I've used when I lived in Estes Park years ago. Both are 45 min. from Denver.
You may try a web search for welding shops in the Denver area as well. If it's something they can't handle they may be able to suggest someone.

On a side note, from the searches I've done, it looks .95 Dia. is the ideal size for the waste gate hole when it comes to porting.
Any larger and the exhaust pressure can push the puck open, limiting your boost if your shooting for upper 20 lbs.
Thank you. I'm gonna leave the hole the size it is for the time being. I appreciate your help!

I'm down in Pueblo an willing to help if ever needed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

take a real close look at the stem and puck, as rjc's is a different angle, therefore the puck will end up in a different location and may miss the hole. Rjc makes the puck to fit his downpipe and it's different than atr, Th, and Ta. It may require more than just putting it in but a good welder can still get it done.

Thanks for all the help turbo brothers! Heres

Attachments

• KIMG2314.JPG
    KIMG2314.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 114
  • KIMG2315.JPG
    KIMG2315.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 103
  • KIMG2316.JPG
    KIMG2316.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 98
Puck lines up and worked out great!! Good spool up and no boost creep. So glad I got it done. The car runs like hell on wheels now.