Need help, identifying a camshaft

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
What camshaft is this? It came out of a slightly modified -87 and we don´t know what kind. It has wiped one loob out.

Picture 2 is stamped with (from right to left):
EP10, D4, 26

Thanks in advance
/Andreas

Attachments

• camshaft.jpg
    camshaft.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 72
  • camshaft2.jpg
    camshaft2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 63
It's from Comp Cams. Give them a call and they should be able to give you more info. I'd say from the markings it's a single pattern cam ground 2 degrees advanced past that you'll have to get the info from the horses mouth.

Neal

Lunkan said:
What camshaft is this? It came out of a slightly modified -87 and we don´t know what kind. It has wiped one loob out.

Picture 2 is stamped with (from right to left):
EP10, D4, 26

Thanks in advance
/Andreas

750H.P.V6 said:
It's from Comp Cams. Give them a call and they should be able to give you more info. I'd say from the markings it's a single pattern cam ground 2 degrees advanced past that you'll have to get the info from the horses mouth.

Neal

Thanks for the info, I´ll try to call them up.

BTW, how do You identify it as a compcams?

/Andreas

I looked at the CC on the end of the cam in your first picture. Also the 5440/5440 is one of their profile master #'s. My guess is that it's a 206/206 cam.

Neal

Lunkan said:
Thanks for the info, I´ll try to call them up.

BTW, how do You identify it as a compcams?

/Andreas

750H.P.V6 said:
I looked at the CC on the end of the cam in your first picture. Also the 5440/5440 is one of their profile master #'s. My guess is that it's a 206/206 cam.

Neal

Ohh, that were C´s, thought it was smudge :redface:

Thanks again for the info.
/Andreas

I just checked the lobe master book. It is a 206/206 109LS with 2 degrees advance ground in
Mike

5440 is from the "Xtreme Energy" (XE) family of hydraulic lobes. 250 deg advertised (0.006") duration, 206 deg at 0.050", 0.288" lobe lift (0.446" lift at the valve).

Thanks for the info, You guys rock.

My friend with the GN doesn´t have money for a new cam, so we´re going to install my stock TTA cam instead. Just interested in what kind of cam that was installed as he didn´t get that info when he bought it.

Best regards
/Andreas