Need Help!!!! GN keeps breaking up.

JustaSix215

I got an 87 GN. This started Thursday night. I was driving my car Thursday and it was running great all day. All of the sudden i stopped at a light. The light turned green and the car hesitated a little bit but then caught itself and kept on going fine. Stopped at the next light, again, light turned green and hit the gas and it really started to break up. I had to push the throttle almost a 1/4 of the way just to get it to move. So i babied it home and put it in the garage. Went back the next day and took it out for a ride and it seemed like it was running fine so i got on it a little bit and it started to pop. Took it back to my garage and started to mess with it. Here's what me and a friend of mine tryed so far:

swaped out the MAF sensor: nothing changed
checked FPR: it was ok.
ckecked fuel injectors: they were ok.
swapped out chip with old one: nothing changed
checked the computer and harness. they were dirty so i cleaned them up with some contact cleaner, and nothing changed.

I can smell fuel real bad also but there isnt any leaks.

Going to check the plugs and wires tomorrow. Anybody else ever experience this or have other ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

what kind of popping is it?

Does it only make the noise when hitting the gas?

Has it got louder over time of driving it?

It only popped when i got on it after i thought it was ok again. But ever since then it seems like its just bogging down, like its being flooded. I havent got on it since. The scanmaster aint putting out any codes either.

Do you have DirectScan hooked up all the time? Sometimes the connector goes in too far and will make the car act goofy.

Hi

It could be bad plug wire//baf coil//bad module//TPS//maybe the 02 Sensor is it reading right?? Swap these out an see what happens!!!

Originally posted by JustaSix215

I can smell fuel real bad also but there isnt any leaks.

Not saying it's causing the breakup but, if you can smell fuel real bad there probably is a leak.