Need help getting the right transmission

oddiesGN

I know that there are so many different ways to have a transmission redone and by so many different people. Well I have a 1987 GN with stock rebuild engine, (but right now I'm thinking about going with little better then stock heads and a little bigger cam prob roller this winter) TA-49 turbo, 22# boost, E-85, 60# injectors, turbo tweak chip, cold air intake, hot wire kit, underdrive pulleys, stock intercooler, (will go with bigger intercooler next summer) stock gears, and 3" down pipe.
I need a transmission that will hold up to daily driving with some track racing. I plan on getting a 2800 stall with the new transmission just don't know who I should buy a rebuilt one from or have some one in the Lincoln or Omaha, Nebraska area rebuild mine. I just don't know any one that I trust to build one or buy from that will have the parts in the transmission that they say are in it. I have read some posts of people buying transmissions with out the BRF style valve body or certain servos like they say it has. Could I please get some advise on who could help me by rebuilding mine or buying a rebuilt one that is a good one.
Is it better to rebuild the stock one because of the better parts that they already have or is the rebuilt parts better then the stock ones. Is the BRF valvle body the way to go or does that even matter. What are some parts that I need to make sure that my transmission has when buying one like clutches, drums, servos stuff like that.
My transmission finally went out, I only have rev and first. Now I have the money to get a new one. So if any one can help or tell me what venders that they trust that would be great. Thanks.

Contact quickt here on the board. Lonnie (extremeautomatics.com) builds bad a$$ transmissions, stands behind his builds and if he says the parts are in there, they are. Talk to Lonnie on the phone, let him know your goals and he will make a recommendation for your tranny. You can ship yours to him to rebuild or have him send you one that is built already. He is a busy man, make take 3-4 weeks depending on his current workload. Click the link below for his website.

Extreme Automatics Where winning is easy

Bryan

All I can tell is I went back and forth untill I contacted Dave at Turbo Buick Performance he took his time to build me a trans exactly for my car and also the Converter. This car shifts like nothing I have been in the car launches when it shifts! Very Happy with everything Dave has done for me and is a great guy to deal with . Give him a call and just talk with him it will make your dicsion that more easy.

All I can tell is I went back and forth untill I contacted Dave at Turbo Buick Performance he took his time to build me a trans exactly for my car and also the Converter. This car shifts like nothing I have been in the car launches when it shifts! Very Happy with everything Dave has done for me and is a great guy to deal with . Give him a call and just talk with him it will make your dicsion that more easy.
x2

Thanks, I called both David and Lonnie about different options. Not sure yet who I want, I have about a month to decide since I can't pull it out yet. Working 12 hr days 6 days a week sucks for time to do anything.

Contact quickt here on the board. Lonnie (extremeautomatics.com) builds bad a$$ transmissions, stands behind his builds and if he says the parts are in there, they are. Talk to Lonnie on the phone, let him know your goals and he will make a recommendation for your tranny. You can ship yours to him to rebuild or have him send you one that is built already. He is a busy man, make take 3-4 weeks depending on his current workload. Click the link below for his website.

Bryan

+1

Originally Posted by Phoneguy

Hands down +++++, Tommy Paonessa