Need help,,,Anyone know Billy Anderson

RobV6

Here is my problem. Comp Cams has come out with 3 new drop in roller cams.
They are not billet. At moment I don't have the numbers.

They are done in a prcess to make them durabule.
My question, is has anyone been using one these cams. And how are they holding up. I don't know Billy Anderson,feel awkward to try and call him.Or is he approachable toa question?

Was wondering if someone could pass this along.It would be a great help.

Number of cams are, 69 - 200 - 8
69 - 300 - 8
69 - 400 - 8
this is for my off center stage II motor. So I don't know what to do.
Billet cams are so much money. And having it built now.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me................TIA Rob

I think Bill is as approachable as any of the fast Buick guys. Just be aware that Bowling Green is almost upon us and like the rest of them, he is working night and day getting lots of projects finished. Here's his contact info, from his sig:

Bill Anderson
Anderson Performance Automotive
8209D Rosebank Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21222

410-282-9335

If you're planning to use a ductile iron roller cam in a stage engine, I would re-think that plan. I don't know what the GN-1 head guys are using for spring pressure, but the S2 heads require 300-350 seat pressure. The "over the nose" load is well over 600#

I don't think a ductile iron roller cam could stand that amount of load without surface fatigue and failure. You might be better off with a solid mechanical cam (non-roller) if budget is your main concern.

Thank you letter for adress and input

Turbo Dave, That is the problem. I will look into it.
I personelly wrote iJjames a thank you.

And though you won't remeber me. You've helped me many times in the past.
Thanks to both of you. By the way the guy who is building the motor seems to agree with you.

My buddy has a stage motor, he suggested Billy. Going to try and call him.
Great bunch of guys Can't say enough.
.........................Rob

turbodave231 said:
If you're planning to use a ductile iron roller cam in a stage engine, I would re-think that plan. I don't know what the GN-1 head guys are using for spring pressure, but the S2 heads require 300-350 seat pressure. The "over the nose" load is well over 600#

I don't think a ductile iron roller cam could stand that amount of load without surface fatigue and failure. You might be better off with a solid mechanical cam (non-roller) if budget is your main concern.

I'm running 250psi on the seat and 650psi open on my GN-1 headed offcenter.

I have an extra 255/255 solid roller with the correct springs,no lifters if intrested

I'm running 250psi on the seat and 650psi open on my GN-1 headed offcenter.

Thats about what I figured for stock style heads. Do the GN1's seem to need more spring pressure with the higher boost levels (25-30psi)? I found out the hard way that the S2 heads require lots of spring pressure.

Dave

I saw this thread and wanted to comment. I think hes confusing things and some facts are needed for correct input. Hes running a Stage 1 block. Hes using ported iron heads. Hes most likely to run a 61 turbo as well. He wants to go mid 11's and be very streetable. This is not an all out stage2 race motor.

Thank You Again

Well put lazaris. Thanks for the help. Was trying to do this. Guess I didn't do so well.
I didn't put information needed to help me.

We have installed neary 40 ductile rollers with iron or Champion aluminum heads with ABSOLUTELY no failures or problems. If you tried to call this week, I guarantee you couldnt get me on the phone, we have been transforming a stock GN to compete in a class for the GS Nationals, it has been very hectic. Call me next week after we get back and I can surely assist you with what you need.

Thanks

I want to thank you for jumping in.I kind of messed things up.
Lazaris bailed me out.Always is.

Now with your knowledge I can finish this project.
I really appreciate everyone's help. Mainly,for not being clear.

This is totally new motor and pieces for me.So excuse my ignorance.
I will call next week.

Very happy now............................ :D Rob

A thank you

To Billy Anderson. Who I don't know. Thank you for the short but meaningful time. To talk to me. I know things are hectic.

So my buddy,said call. I did now I don't have to make all of you who contributed to my misunderstanding. Have since read up on Stage one and Two's.
I'm going to start in the 11's. So money and time we will see.

Regards,
Robert