Need electrical diagram

Beamer

I need an electrical diagram that has the connectivity of the third brake light wiring. My light has power, but not sufficient enough amperage when a bulb is inserted. There must be a bad connection. I traced it to where it goes into the harness in the trunk near the left rear tail light assembly. I do not know how it gets it primary power signal.

My Mitchell program is acting up and I can't access the drawings.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Off the brake switch it's the Pin C connection light blue wire with black stripe, it's on it's own switch contact alone on the brake switch assembly.

From there it goes to C209 the connector on the left side of the fuse panel that feeds the back of the car. Pin J light blue wire output on the plug side.

From there it goes to C320 in the left rear corner of the trunk Pin F and is a light blue wire with black stripe again at the plug side.

That wire goes to the plug at the light itself.

I do believe the power wire runs all the way back to the switch on the brake pedal.

There are only 2 wires. One power and one ground. If you getting 12v then maybe the ground is bad. No?

Off the brake switch it's the Pin C connection light blue wire with black stripe, it's on it's own switch contact alone on the brake switch assembly.

From there it goes to C209 the connector on the left side of the fuse panel that feeds the back of the car. Pin J light blue wire output on the plug side.

From there it goes to C320 in the left rear corner of the trunk Pin F and is a light blue wire with black stripe again at the plug side.

That wire goes to the plug at the light itself.

Thanks Salvage

I just got back in and I had figured out that the wire goes into the rear harness into the taped area and right back out to the big connector right next to that point. Pretty stupid situation.

I found my problem being the connection at the switch on the blue wire going out. The contact was weak and would not allow current to light the bulb. All is well now and my ne "Turbo-T" plate can be seen now when braking.

Woo-Hoo !

Mike

I do believe the power wire runs all the way back to the switch on the brake pedal.

There are only 2 wires. One power and one ground. If you getting 12v then maybe the ground is bad. No?

Thanks for your input also Rick. You must have been typing when I was, LOL...

There are 2 connectors on that particular switch. A 3 and a 2 terminal. This was on the 3 terminal, on one side, the center (orange) was constant power on, and when pedal depresses, allowed power out the blue/black stripe (to the 3rd brake light) and the white (larger gauge - thinking for the the brake lights through the turn signal switch) wires. The other was a 2 terminal with small gauge blue wires that made contact when the pedal was released - not stopping. Not sure what it is for. There was another switch above that switch, but I did not pay any attention to it. Somewhere the computer gets a signal to kick the cruise off, but not exactly sure.

Mike