Need an update on PEVR connections

dmarx

OK, the engine idles fast. Closed both mixture screws and makes no difference in the fast engine idle. sprayed WD 40 on all possible sources of a vacuum leak. No luck!! Could it be the PEVR is not connected properly?!!!
The following link will not open. http://www.down4repairs.com/media/PEVR.pdf )

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
Dan
'28 Essex Turbo 3.8

First, turn the idle mixture screws out 4 turns each, and leave them there. The mixture screws will cause it to run lean or rich rather than speed it up. The problem is most likely the choke not set right or the idle speed screw being set wrong. If you don't have an electric choke I'd bet on that, unless there's no power to the choke.

The idle speed screw is on the drivers side and the choke speed screw is on the passengers side. The lever that activates the choke speed is the large weighted one and you should be able to push it down and hear some clicks as the lever that controls the speed moves. If this is clear as mud I'd suggest that you get a book on the Q jet so you can get a better idea how to adjust it Dan. It's got pics and info that will help you set things up right.;)

First, turn the idle mixture screws out 4 turns each, and leave them there. The mixture screws will cause it to run lean or rich rather than speed it up. The problem is most likely the choke not set right or the idle speed screw being set wrong. If you don't have an electric choke I'd bet on that, unless there's no power to the choke.

The idle speed screw is on the drivers side and the choke speed screw is on the passengers side. The lever that activates the choke speed is the large weighted one and you should be able to push it down and hear some clicks as the lever that controls the speed moves. If this is clear as mud I'd suggest that you get a book on the Q jet so you can get a better idea how to adjust it Dan. It's got pics and info that will help you set things up right.;)

Charlie, Thanks for the timely reply. I will do exactly as you said. What about the PEVR vacuum lines. Where do they go on carb. I have the short stem on the carb base and the long stem off the carb.

The sticky at the top of the section will show you where on the carb the line needs to go to operate the power valve. This pic may help you figure it out easier Dan.
DSCF1307.JPG