Need an original radio!!

Will it interface with another TTA sterring wheel controls. I thought this was specific to each car. The anti-theft aspect of each radio was so that a stolen radio was left unuseable to the theif.???:confused:

Radio

I'm not 100% certain, but I think any Trans Am with steering wheel controls will unlock any radio from any other TA with steering wheel controls. Press the "mute" button to unlock it.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think any Trans Am with steering wheel controls will unlock any radio from any other TA with steering wheel controls. Press the "mute" button to unlock it.

yup you can swap the radios and they'll still unlock with just the mute button. The one on ebay isn't in the greatest condition though.

I've got 3 of these radio's and none of them unlock with the mute button on my car. :confused: Has anyone actually tried a different other then stock radio in their car and it unlocked? I'm under the same impression as sverble. I've also found there are several different connectors on the back for the steering wheel controls as well. So that is something else you have to look out for.

I've been researching this pretty hard.......particularily the factory CD player.........I think I'm going to end up going with an aftermarket CD player, and then the adapter that make my wheel controls work.

I've got 3 of these radio's and none of them unlock with the mute button on my car. :confused: Has anyone actually tried a different other then stock radio in their car and it unlocked? I'm under the same impression as sverble. I've also found there are several different connectors on the back for the steering wheel controls as well. So that is something else you have to look out for.

I'll have my friend who is a GM tech look it up but now that you bring it up I think I remember something about the fact that it had to be with the same steering wheel controls. However, I think GM had a way of disabling this so it would work with any of the steering wheel controls.

When my factory tape player started crapping out as well as the realization that I had more cds and mp3 files than tapes I pulled the factory one out.
I put a Alpine cd,MP3, wma, sm satellite radio player in . Sounds so much better than the factory while still using the factroy speakers. Let the factory look and steering wheel buttons fascination go. I had to eventually quit wearing jean jackets with VanHalen and Ozzy patches and start wearing buttoned up shirts tucked in. It's ok to let go. Besides you get a remote with new decks. Who needs steering wheel buttons when you can flip through thousands of mp3 files with a remote in hand.:tongue: