Need an oil return grommet to finish this project....

Nutsnbolts

I've got a 1978 Buick LeSabre Sport Coupe with the 4-barrel turbo setup in the shop right now that I'm finishing up. It started out as an 81,000 mile car that was extremely tired. I just finished doing a complete rebuild on the engine (to the tune of almost $2300 for parts and machining), and had the turbo rebuilt with a brand new center seciton. I took it on its first test drive this afternoon, and it performed flawlessly, until I pulled back into the shop and the rubber oil return grommet under the turbo split and began to leak. Everywhere.

Sooooo, my question is, can we still get these grommets anywhere? This is not the Help #42323 style- it has a long (about 3/4") neck comes up to meet the return pipe. I'd like to source the appropriate grommet, but I know that I can also use the 83-85 pipe and the Help grommet if all else fails.

In addition, does anyone know where to source the 2 vacuum harnesses that plug into the EGR/EVE switch, and the PEV?

Thanks in advance!

-Rich

I've got a 1978 Buick LeSabre Sport Coupe with the 4-barrel turbo setup in the shop right now that I'm finishing up. It started out as an 81,000 mile car that was extremely tired. I just finished doing a complete rebuild on the engine (to the tune of almost $2300 for parts and machining), and had the turbo rebuilt with a brand new center seciton. I took it on its first test drive this afternoon, and it performed flawlessly, until I pulled back into the shop and the rubber oil return grommet under the turbo split and began to leak. Everywhere.

Sooooo, my question is, can we still get these grommets anywhere? This is not the Help #42323 style- it has a long (about 3/4") neck comes up to meet the return pipe. I'd like to source the appropriate grommet, but I know that I can also use the 83-85 pipe and the Help grommet if all else fails.

In addition, does anyone know where to source the 2 vacuum harnesses that plug into the EGR/EVE switch, and the PEV?

Thanks in advance!

-Rich

i dont think they make that grommet anymore.

If you take your old grommet to a parts store they could maybe match it up with valve cover gasket maybe. If anything make your own oil return and use a slighlty longer hose(industrial hi temp hose works great) with or without a brass(metal) fitting clamped to it. I use a brass hose coupler grinded down the center lip part. I only did so to get the fitting to go further in my stock grommet. If your gonna do it this way, your gonna need a turbo adaptor for return, Ebay would be cheap find or the kit at Gbodyparts for 50$, still take a look at theirs, how i did mine.

GM called it a Oil Drain Hose. Part number 1260599. I think it is a long shot finding one. :frown:

Dr. Frank:

I can try to glue it together and send you what I have if that would help...

I think I'd order a bunch of them!

-Rich

Dr. Frank:

Where do you want me to send the old one? I should have it out sometime this week...

-Rich

If you do find some I'll take one Aj. I still need your address again so I can send you the distributor though.

you got it charlie.

hold the thoughts on the dizzy, unless you wanna unload it....

im elminating my dizzy.

and my BTM.

A.j.

I smell something interesting here bud.:biggrin: COP or C3I? I've also got a cam sensor I was holding onto for some other ideas I was thinking about myself.:eek::cool: