Need advice on truck tires.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
OK, have a 1996 GMC Jimmy and was wondering what you guys think. I am sort of leaning towards the Yoko Avids. I really don't want to pay over $100 a tire and the Yoko's are about $73 (Tire Rack). I know that Goodyear has some pretty impressive tires but they are like $130. The truck is 4X4 and will be driven in the snow. Thanks.

Super Swamper TSL 36's!! (j/k) We've had good luck with BF Goodrich radial TA 35/12.50/15's Long lasting, semi quiet,and stay balanced.

On several trucks I have used the same tires and LOVE them. I never thought I would like a set of tires as much as these. SO much so, that now my buddy, brother, and dad all run them too.

They are Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos with the LT (heavy duty) designation. Mud, snow, rain, they are awesome. Look at TireCracks ratings on them....

They are a little more then $100 though, depending on size, but to me they are worth every penny....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A/T+Revo

You dont buy tires too often, an extra 25-30 a tire is worth it, IMHO...

Revo's are a great tire, I would have bought them If i did not get such a good deal on my BFG's

I would say away from Yokahama anything.. I had there geolanders on my truck before hand they wore like ****.. did not handle the road very well, did not clean for nothing offroad. Yokahama = Sh!t imo

depending on what you looking for out of the tire, the Revo's are prolly the best all around but I am a huge fan of BFG/Michelin.

Revo's tread pattern lends its self to being great on the road, and good off road. its very quiet on the road as well. they wear very well.

BFG all terrain KO's have been around for years and are good on and offroad, they are not very loud on the road and wear well. they are aggrsive enuff to do what most of us want offroad as well (with Michelin as the parent company they are a great tire) <<< i have these in 315/70/17 on my truck

Michelin Ltx tires will rot off before they wear out. they are not very aggressive offroad but will do well if you are ever in a possition where you need to use 4wd. they are super quiet on the road and wear REALLY well.. I think I said that already.

my dad has been running goodyears wrangler at/s (the 1st gen) for the last 16 months, they now have a second gen tire that has been getting great reviews. those things have done well in the mud and snow as well. they are louder then all of the ones i mentioned earlier, but they have worn well and done everything and more well.

The Revo's look nice. Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza also looks good. Which would give me better gas mileage the 70 side wall or the 75?

taller tire = less rpm = less gear = less power

what sizes are you looking for you talking something like a

245-75-16 to a 255-70x16 that is the same size give or take, but if you go from a 245-75x16 to a 285-70-17 that is a big jump and will kill just about everything as far as power, mpg etc.

Tirerack and tires.com have calculators to help you out.

Anything but Goodyear. In my experience they cost more and wear faster than any other tires.

Loosenut said:
Anything but Goodyear. In my experience they cost more and wear faster than any other tires.

I would have said the same thing untill my dad got his Wrangler's they have worn very very well...

Think I am going with the Firestone Destination A/T's. They are $16 cheaper than the Revo's ($64 total) and seem to be a lot quieter. Thanks all.
The original size is 235 70 15 but I am going with the 235 75 15 to save a little revs and hopefully gas :eek:

COOPER ATRs! awsome tire! support one of the few remaining american made tire companies.