Need advice on fuel line plumbing....

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
I was previously running a A1000 pump from Aeromotive. I now have the Eliminator pump from Aeromotive. My problem is that my sumped tank has 3/8 ports. Which I ran a single -10 line from to prefilter/ pump on my old setup. Now the new pump has a -12 inlet and was thinking........

Option 1: Use both sump ports w/ (-10's or -8's) into a yblock and out a single -12 to prefilter/ pump.

Option 2: Jegs sells the Eliminator pump w/ the "easy install kit" containing a -10/-12 reducer to be installed on the inlet of the pump. I'm not sure if Aeromotive suggests to do this though. But this is the easiest.:eek:

Option 3: Buy new tank then sump it w/ 1/2 ports.

Either way will work.
#1 or #2, however, you will still be pulling through a 3/8" ID fitting if you pull a single -12 through only one 3/8 fitting.

Personally, I would combine both feeds into one via a Y block.
And here's how.

3/8" NPT to -10 fittings out of the sump, -10 lines into y-block, -12 out of block into the filter, -12 out of filter into pump.

I would use NOS part # 17847 (Red for fuel)
74117847.jpg

Out of the Y block into this Russel #640570
rus-640570_w.jpg

This Russel fitting will attach to an Aeromotive part #15612
aei-15612_w.jpg

The Aeromotive fitting will screw into either the prefilter (if you run one) or into the Eliminator pump. O-ring cut off end into the filter or pump.
And go from there.

Short of welding a -12 steel weld bung to your sump, this would be the easiest way to plumb the dual line setup.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Either way will work.
#1 or #2, however, you will still be pulling through a 3/8" ID fitting if you pull a single -12 through only one 3/8 fitting.

Personally, I would combine both feeds into one via a Y block.
And here's how.

3/8" NPT to -10 fittings out of the sump, -10 lines into y-block, -12 out of block into the filter, -12 out of filter into pump.

I would use NOS part # 17847 (Red for fuel)
74117847.jpg

Out of the Y block into this Russel #640570
rus-640570_w.jpg

This Russel fitting will attach to an Aeromotive part #15612
aei-15612_w.jpg

The Aeromotive fitting will screw into either the prefilter (if you run one) or into the Eliminator pump. O-ring cut off end into the filter or pump.
And go from there.

Short of welding a -12 steel weld bung to your sump, this would be the easiest way to plumb the dual line setup.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Nice post with great pics!! Cheers!!

Wow!! Thanks for the informative reply Patrick. I just got off the phone w/ Brad, the tech at Aeromotive and suggests to do the exactly the same. You're the man Patrick!!!