Need advice on a VDO Speedo

Turbo6Tech84

Been trying to figure this out for a few days. I just recently bought an electronic VDO part number 437053. I wanted to know where i can send it to have my original mileage put into the new gauge. Ive tried calling VDO and have gotten no results, I left a message and all that stuff. I'd like to have that for documentation purpose, dmv, and what not. I currently have the GNX dash and it hasnt been working correctly since i bought the car. Only reads half of the actual mph and so I get not tcc lockup or cruise control. I bought all the casper modules so everything will work and I can have everything working correctly. Thanks alot Jon

Call Caspers....

they probably could have helped re-cal'd the old unit, if that was the problem.
John's ph# is 847-247-0484.:cool:

Do you have the transducer? I have an analog VDO speedo in my GNX dash. I have a transducer for the VSS signal.

Arthur Allen\main

I don't have my car home at the present time (at the chassis shop) so I can get a number off my transducer.

If you need your speedo calibrated send it to North Hollywood Speedometer. They are good people to deal with. They made me a custom gauge. They took an Autometer gauge and put a VDO face plate on it:cool:. Their website don't do them justice, call them instead.

North Hollywood Speedometer and Clock Company. Serving your gauge needs since 1955. VDO, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen, Veigel, Veglia

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks for the info ill give them a call on monday then. I talked to casper in person about this problem once he said the vss converter and the vss vdo sender should fix my mph problem im having. I just need to get the original mileage on the new speedo.