Need advice on a motor from the experts

rgs455

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes....

I need a new motor for my GN and found a built one at a local machine shop. It is a stock block bored .020 with Wiseco pistons, stock rods and the crank is .010 under. Champion aluminum heads with 206/210 roller Comp cam, roller rockers, double billet chain, ARP billet center caps, and ARP bolts throughout. They want $7200 for it. How does the price sound to you?

By the way, it has been sitting at the shop for a couple of years and they do want to move it.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes....

I need a new motor for my GN and found a built one at a local machine shop. It is a stock block bored .020 with Wiseco pistons, stock rods and the crank is .010 under. Champion aluminum heads with 206/210 roller Comp cam, roller rockers, double billet chain, ARP billet center caps, and ARP bolts throughout. They want $7200 for it. How does the price sound to you?

By the way, it has been sitting at the shop for a couple of years and they do want to move it.

Thanks!

For 7200 I would want it pulled down and inspected and reassembled if it has been setting that long.

If it's been sitting there and they need to move it then work the price. Someone paid for the parts, probably not them.

Bob,
not trying to sneak in on the deal but what shop??? You can PM me if you want...

aaron

I would have to inspect the motor, and be specific on what parts they use in it.

Tell them 5k...out the door no questions asked....

For 7200 yeah, I would want it torn down and inspected first...that 2200 gives you a little bit of a "cushion" if anything is found to be wrong...