Need advice on a FAST 1.0 tune

87rdgn

I just replaced the stock turbo with a te60.I also replaced the 42 lb injectors with a borrowed set of 75 lb injectors,because the duty cycle was at 120% and still needed 24% more fuel at 20 psi of boost.I have a hesitation when I give it the gas to take off from a dead stop.It will sometimes quit running.This is at lite throttle,not trying to go full throttle.It runs fine at cruising speed and when you punch it to the floor when it's rolling along off idle.I'm sure my tables are off but I don't know what to change.I did change the parameters from the 42 to 75 injectors in the FAST setup.Here are some pictures of my tables.Any sugestions or tuning advice would be appreciated,because I'm about to go nuts trying to figure it out.This v6 is in my 1975 Datsun pickup.It weighs 2500lbs,has a turbo 400 trans with a stall converter and has 4:10 gears.I'm changing the gears to 3:55 because it revs to fast.It has a lower 1st gear set in the trans.Thanks for any help.Troy.

Attachments

• DSCF0422.jpg
    DSCF0422.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF0423.jpg
    DSCF0423.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF0424.jpg
    DSCF0424.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 212
I see some changes that could be done, Iv;e never seen a buick with that kind of ve at 100, something is off. I will take a look at it but you will need to send datalogs. Timing looks too much for pump gas, or are you using race fuel? MY email is in Sig.

Norb

Hey Troy i know someone that lives close to you that might be able to give you a helping hand on that. lol

It looks like you have a fuel delivery problem. Keep in mind when you change injector size, you don't just change the injector size in the fuel calc param's. You also need to change any table that uses a raw pw (i.e. cranking fuel, AE vs TPS, & AE vs MAP) Those tables will need to be changed by 42/75 or approx 56% of there original value.

Thanks for the replies.I run 93 pump gas and I haven't heard any audible knock.The truck is light and with the low gears I don't think it gets much load on the motor.The spark table was in tune when I got the truck.I'm not sure where they got it from.Cal,you mentioned I need to change other paramaters, but I don't understand what alot of them do.I downloaded the instructions from fast but they don't tell you what to change if you are having problems like hesitation or what not.I bought their video from summit and all it does is basicly read through the instruction sheet.I didn't find it much help.I won't have my gears for about 2 weeks.I thought with the gear change I might have to change paramaters again.

When the car shuts off with the tip in, is it flooded when you restart it?

It does seem to be flooded.It doesn't start very easy after it stalls.I just changed the plugs because they seemed to be fouled out.It had autolite race plugs with a realy wide gap.The ground strap didn't cover the electrode.I put r42ts ac in it .It did run a little better but still not right.I notice the 02 reading goes rich when I tip in the throttle off idle.

You need to adjust your AE fueling. I would start by decreasing the MAP AE and TPS AE by the 56% like I posted above. Also, since this is a Classic FAST, Make sure your AE vs TPS position reflects your higher TPS value at idle. In other words, the TPS enrichment may need to be higher in the 7-20% range since that is usually where the Classic idles. If could give you a better explanation over the phone.

Thanks Cal for the info.I will look at this tomorow.I don't have time tonight to check it out.

Cal.I changed the parameters you told me to,it runs alot better.It still has a slight hesitation,but nothing like it was.I found a place in Akron named Pro Car.They have a chasis dyno that can load the drivetrain,so I might take it their for some final tweaks.Thanks for everyone's help.Troy.