Need a small welding favor'll

trixdout

So I cut off 2 inches off my new 3" downpipe and don't have access to a welder. I need that piece of stainless back on it. I have the piece, but if it doesn't work I'll have another piece with me too. I'm located in northern NJ. Anyone care to help me out with this favor? I can pay in cash, beer, goods or future favors, whatever works for you.

Have you tried the local muffler shop, there's usually a gear head in them that are very helpful.

Have you tried the local muffler shop, there's usually a gear head in them that are very helpful.

Some of these places overcharge for something simple. I rather a guy from here do it or a friend from a guy on this site. I just honestly don't trust anybody with my car unless he's a professional shows interest working on the car.

For eg., my brother recently purchased a 2011 Ford F350 Super duty diesel. Wanted to get a minor lift kit installed. Being that this truck is huge and we don't have a lift anywhere he looked for a show. The forums he searched recommended a shop near by him. Another member said they were good, my brother gets the lift installed by them, (he felt uneasy the whole time), and sure enough the side steps were dented in the center on both side (same spot), because they were stupid and didn't put the spacers on the lift arms.

I went to a shop once (TireRack in Clifton, across from Home Depot) to get an alignment done on my daily. Because it's an 4wd matrix, the rear camber is a bitch to adjust (bolt is sooooooooooo tight to adjust). I paid the $80 and they said that's as good as they can get it and it was the same as before I went there.

I just don't trust places doing work on my car.

Once Im done school your welcome to come up here and use my shop and welder but unfortunitly that wont be till early december :mad: Im a mechanical engineering major so my free times and weekends, well, they just dont exist during the semester

Once Im done school your welcome to come up here and use my shop and welder but unfortunitly that wont be till early december :mad: Im a mechanical engineering major so my free times and weekends, well, they just dont exist during the semester

Dude that would be awesome. And frankly I would love to weld it myself, but I rather pay you or someone competent with welding to do it for me. I'm willing to wait.

Dude that would be awesome. And frankly I would love to weld it myself, but I rather pay you or someone competent with welding to do it for me. I'm willing to wait.

I can show you the basic's and you could try it and if you dont want to ill do it. Im far from an expert welder but im good enough to get the job done :D. I should be finishing up around dec 10th so ill message you my number now.

Get on 95 south, drive 24 hours, I'll do it for beer. LOL

lols, if I'm going to go as far as Florida I might as well make a vacation out of it. And if you are in Florida you got awesome beers down there. Cigar City Brewing Co. is all you need.