need a rebuilt / new power master

turbojenni

anybody know where i can get a reasonably priced power master?? there was a post here about a year ago stating autozone had them for about $150 and i went into my local store and they were clueless . advance auto parts wanted about $900 i may need 2 so hoping find a reasonable source to find these. thanks for the help in advance

Ok- here's the deal- go back to Autozone and tell them you want to order part #52-9700 (it's a special order), it's a powermaster system for a 1986 Buick Electra Estate wagon- it sells for $171.97 with a $36 core charge, with a limited ,lifetime warranty- the only thing different about it is the resevior bowl- pay the core charge and put your bowl on and your ready to go! HTH! ;)

I went to the zone and asked for one for my make/model, 86 T, and they did have to order but it was the correct unit complete with lifetime warranty, about 180 and core. That was a year ago, still works flawless. HTH. :cool:

This part shows up in the Autozone catalog online but it doesn't let you order it and the rude personnel at my local Autozone aren't any help either. Has anyone else had any luck with this lately?

I think that the great deal AZ PM units are history. I tried last month at several AZ stores. They said none are in stock ANYWHERE and may not ever receive anymore from the vendor/ manufacturer. I truly believe that resource has now dried up. Can't get either number for the TR one of wagon one with the slanted top.

What's up with not being able to edit your own posts??? Last sentence should say OR wagon one with slanted top. There...... I feel much better! :rolleyes:

I emailed Cardone, who does the remanufactured powermasters, to see if they still do them and if any are available anywhere. I'll let everyone know what I find out. But since it's ME that needs one, I'm sure they'll tell me that they don't do it anymore. That's just the way things work. :) Me save $200? Never!

Got it

Have a used one with a newer acc ball and the switch in great shape just came off my race car works great $250 shipped for all!

One more thing, I talked to a guy that got one from Advance a few months back. Best he remembers price was about $184. Have you tried them yet at all?:cool:

I just called the local Advance. Part # 52-9702, master cylinder with powermaster for 1986 T-Type Regal. 352.88 and $50 core. Telephone # 828-754-0933:D