Need a new 200-4R where to get one

luv2fast

I know this is a turbo Buick page but I'm building my 1962 Olds F85 Jetfire and I'm swapping in a 200-4R
And I need a complete Trans and street converter, where should I get one from?

Where are you located. Local would always be prefered to me in case issues develop. Lots of great builders all over the country.

We have some great contributors here including David H., Chris K , DonW. Out west, Vince J, and Lonnie D. In Ohio, there is a good guy near Chicago though he slip my mind at the moment. Mike K in the Houston area as well as many others.
What engine do you plan to run? How much power? Cruiser or drag car?
Sounds like a great project.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

Where are you located. Local would always be prefered to me in case issues develop. Lots of great builders all over the country.

We have some great contributors here including David H., Chris K , DonW. Out west, Vince J, and Lonnie D. In Ohio, there is a good guy near Chicago though he slip my mind at the moment. Mike K in the Houston area as well as many others.

Just a cruiser show car
Though I have learned in the past build it heavy duty
The 215 V8 will probably only make 300 hp at 8-10 PSI

Share more info on both of your combos. I saw a couple of those aluminum 215 blocks at the local car show/ swap meet a few weeks ago.

Janis Transmission in Akron OH. He took care of me after my trans was all jacked up by another fella. Top notch service and honesty you just cant beat!!! Been running high 10's - low 11's for 4 years now on his rebuild. Still working great:)

Last edited:
TCI Transmission in Ashland , Ms has a pretty good product . My older brother is a trans builder there .

Jimmy's Transmission in Chi Town...

David Husek is my vote!

Give hime a shout, his knowledge and experience will help you in your decision. It certainly help me.

TCI Transmission in Ashland , Ms has a pretty good product . My older brother is a trans builder there .
Why are you hating on TCI ?

I believe the reason is that they don't specialize in the 2004R and just because your brother works there and you give a shout out isn't reason for anyone to use TCI when HUSEK and LONNIE will school some of the best in the business when it comes to the 2004R.

Why would someone spend money with a chain builder when they can go to the experts that have been doing them for over thirty years combined experience between the two of them.

Don't get a case of BUTT HURT just because others don't agree with you. Husek and Lonnie are proven to do the job right. Dave Husek will give you the best trans and customer service PERIOD!!!

I have a customer's 200-R-4 trrans for sale.

It was a spare, and was working fin when removed, and will handle your F-85..

If you want it freshened or modified, we have done a few of these for non-turbo cars.

I believe the reason is that they don't specialize in the 2004R and just because your brother works there and you give a shout out isn't reason for anyone to use TCI when HUSEK and LONNIE will school some of the best in the business when it comes to the 2004R.

Why would someone spend money with a chain builder when they can go to the experts that have been doing them for over thirty years combined experience between the two of them.

Don't get a case of BUTT HURT just because others don't agree with you. Husek and Lonnie are proven to do the job right. Dave Husek will give you the best trans and customer service PERIOD!!!
Hey Look you guys I was just throwing out there