Need a factory 1978-81 tach w/clock

gmachinz

I'm actually restoring a 1981 Regal Limited with an astroroof and it has the gauge package with the temperature and oil, but no tach. I have the build sheet for the car and it makes no mention of one either way. Not sure if I've ever even seen one in these years-does somebody have one? Let me knwo please! Thanks. -Jabin

Buick never put a tach in the 78-83 clusters. That upper right hole was either blank,digital clock or analog clock. If you get lucky you may be able to find the turbo-6 one from a 82 GN. I have seen a few homemade tachs using the guts from a Cutlass,MC or GP and the blank face plate.

cluster and gauges

I have a 81 dash cluster that i took out of my old car, 81 regal. I think i still have the fuel gauge clock volt meter bezel and backplate if you want it I'll check to see if I kept it, something I no longer need since I have an 87 now. i'll send some pics just write me at kfb14@hotmail.com just make an offer and pay shipping and it's yours jamie.

Hmmm...I wasn't aware that Buick didn't put tachs in their gauge clusters. The car we're restoring has the oil and temp. gauges to the lower left and right on the cluster-I just thought they had an option for a tach w/clock...I would have liked to add that. Thanks anyways, guys-I'll just have the dash/gauges restored as they are for now. -Jabin