ND honest opinion bout sleeper tr vs gn

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
You guys can call me crazy but i as wondering about taken my 86 drivetrain selling the shell and putting everything in a stock regal for a sleeper. the shell aint that great condition little rust on floor boards 3 wheel trim chrome smashed front bumper etc interior shot (front seats show their age). are there any foreseeable problems transferring everyting over and how much do shells go for? thanks ne bit helps the reason y im doing this is the gn might nd a lil money n it mayb cheaper to switch. its still hard thinkng bout parting w the dark side

Do a search.....it has been done many times and beat to death in many threads...good luck

The stuff you have to take off the GN would include the engine, trans, fuel tank, suspension, wiring harnesses, radiator, and electrical system. So basically, all you would have left to sell would be sheet metal and interior. Not sure if you would find much $$ for that.

my mods

its currently bored .30 over trw forged pistons xp fuel pump ta 49 40lb inj accel coil maf translator w 3.5 maf art carr shift kit a recored radiator w bigger cores. rons custom did most of the work w previous owner i wasnt too happy. heads werent done correctly had to send them out. i took the car to dyno tech and was more than pleased with the work(coil maf radiator intercooler hoses and tune)

I would do it
Check out my slppr

Sage green na 3.8 87 to a 86/87 turbo car

BW

Attachments

• 100_1286 (Small).jpg
    100_1286 (Small).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 256
I have seen BW's car in person. Talk about sleeper!!! If I had it to do all over again, I would get a T or an NA regal. Mostly due to being scared of the GN getting stolen, since the GNs get a lot of attention. I love BW's sleeper. Maybe my next one.... :biggrin:

Here's my sleeper. Still a work in progress. Bought it recently as a GN clone with everything blacked out. Still need to get a few more trim pieces to bring it back to its original Regal state.

Attachments

• 87_Regal_August.jpg
    87_Regal_August.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 245
Should have left it chrome with the stock hood, that would have been a sleeper!

BW

Stock hood will come sometime in the near future, along with original Regal emblems. ;) The car was already a GN clone when I bought it. Here's a picture of it like I bought it a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 87_Regal_initial.jpg
    87_Regal_initial.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 238
Well now, i must have misread your first post! :eek:

Seems your going away from the GN look, damn, its gonna look great!

OKOKOK, get the small chrome trim on bottom of the rocker panel, not the full limited trim that goes on the doors :biggrin: Its only 1 inch tall.

Then get the small chrome door sweeps, and the chrome 1/4 windows, and the flat hood and BANGO!!!! Youve got the ultimate sleeper...

Dammit, she is going to be sweet!

BW

get steel wheels w/ hubcaps, replace hood with n/a regal, take off the front spoiler, paint a different color. to complete the deal and get a 3inch single exhaust, this would not necessary because a lot of kids put dual exhaust in their regals after. i think this would be a lot easier.

zpd307 said:
get steel wheels w/ hubcaps, replace hood with n/a regal, take off the front spoiler, paint a different color. to complete the deal and get a 3inch single exhaust, this would not necessary because a lot of kids put dual exhaust in their regals after. I think this would be a lot easier.

Those are 14" steel wheels with hubcaps and the front spoiler has already been removed. Won't be getting rid of the hooker exhaust though. Car was originally blue and I hope to paint it light blue by next year. Car still has blue interior with a 60/40 bench seat. :)

murphster said:
Stock hood will come sometime in the near future, along with original Regal emblems. ;) The car was already a GN clone when I bought it. Here's a picture of it like I bought it a couple months ago.

i have a base regal hood in very nice condition if you are interested...

i am in new york

I love the sleeper idea. I had a National stolen about 5 years ago. I ve been looking for a t-type but your idea is great. I think I saw a low mile 87 regal on e-bay yesterday. car was cheep as hell.

Good luck

Ken