nats pics at gsxcitement.com

John Wilde said:
Faster than any car at the nats and on on DRs @ 3400 plus lbs.
Super Scary, I officially quit!!!

Rod Hendrickson was the fastest car & Buick @ the Nationals!! His car is V8 Buick powered, he ran 7.55 & broke on Wednesday..

I can't believe that Lassiter let that chevy make those passes but @ least they couldn't run against anyone else, & he couldn't compete in the classes!

Lassiter is catching a LOT of flak about it! It's been said that he's got something on Lassiter, I don't know but I wouldn't dout it @ this rate.

Whatever the reason it was WRONG!!

buickman69 said:
Rod Hendrickson was the fastest car & Buick @ the Nationals!! His car is V8 Buick powered, he ran 7.55 & broke on Wednesday..

I can't believe that Lassiter let that chevy make those passes but @ least they couldn't run against anyone else, & he couldn't compete in the classes!

Lassiter is catching a LOT of flak about it! It's been said that he's got something on Lassiter, I don't know but I wouldn't dout it @ this rate.

Whatever the reason it was WRONG!!

Ronnie,

If you read the string of posts again you will see that Steve and I are talking about David Wolfe not Dusty Bradford. The devil is in the details my friend. ;)

This weekend David Wolfe went 7.40 @ 197 with a SBF at 3300lbs with the stock suspension and on drag radials. Unless I am mistaken that is still faster than any thing run at the Nationals this year!

With how few people actually show up and race a car at the Nationals, I am not sure why people have problems with him making passes out of competition.

I know that the following RACERS did not have issues.

Dave Bamford, Cal Hartline, Dave Fiscus, Travis, Ted A., Mr. Kerney, Tony Gomes and even Harry Hruska the owner of Precision Turbo did not have any issuse with him making some passes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but let's not make this already small group even more so.

=)

Dave Bamford is not the only King.... =)

Attachments

• kingofthreads.jpg
    kingofthreads.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 406
It should also be added that Dusty Bradford has done a HELL of a lot for the Buick scene as well as MANY buick racers.. He's one hell of a nice guy to boot!

Did anyone complain about any of the cars running 9" inch ford rears? ;)

I know, I know, apples and oranges.. Just stirring the pot a bit. :D

dusty

I didnt hear anyone complain about his car,
thanks for the pictures
pic -0157 jpg right lane is my car that was a 5 lbs launch 29.5X 10.50 w mickeys with 14 lbs of air in them cold, afco rear shocks set on 0 , it hurt my oil pan and intercooler pipes when it come down , thanks again oc,

Ronnie, you can see that John was speaking about another car and not mine being faster than anything at the nats. I was there making test passes so I would be more prepared for 2 1/4 mile events I have later this year. Wolfe who is the guy that went 7.40's on radials will be my competition. You can see my 8.30's is almost 1 second behind which is why John posted what he did. As he said "it's getting out of hand"

Now Ronnie. We speak pretty regularly at the track and I know you're a die hard Buick guy. To be honest, I'm very dissapointed you walked right by Saturday with nothing to say to my face then post this on the board. I know how we stand now..... Would you feel better if my car went 10's instead of impressing the crowd with my low 8's on radials at 3550#? Do you feel it stole some of the show from the Buicks?? That's why they call it exibition passes. Conley and other buick guys have done it in the past in Chevy powered cars. Gives the spectators something else to watch. I had nothing but support from the racers and tons of spectators who came by in the pits. If you only knew how many more of these cars are doing this exact same conversion right now you would be suprised. Like it or not, this is the route MANY racers are taking. You wouldn't know because you've never tried to compete at the level I'm trying to. The only prayer a Buick will ever have at competing at this level is if the new Big Block Buick comes out. Then I may consider going back to Buick powerplant if the parts are priced similiarly. Fiscus and Gomes are trying to compete with the new TA motors and have shown that they can make the power......will they hold up. I certainly hope so because I'm friends with both of them. They both also support me 100% with my Chevy motor.

I know a few people had issues with me being there. I did not interfere with competition, I did not try to compete in any classes, I did not give the starting officials a hard time like some have said. A select few members had sand in their crack from seeing me there with this car. I was allowed to make these passes because some of my supporting vendors also support the nats and it's participants. This gave me an oppurtunity for my vendors to see how I've taken the knowledge and experience from my Turbo Buick and put it to work on a powerplant with many more options with much more reliability. I also brought a car owned by a friend to compete in TSM. I applaud the G S C A for not being closed minded like you and a few others and allowing me to make those passes last week. Being able to be at the track with Hartline who helps with my tune, Lance Ward who is a FAST guru and Harry from Precision turbo who supplies all my turbo's for any turbo car I work on was very valuable. I was able to make changes and improvements last week that would have taken months if we all were seperated by States and phone calls.

I still don't know where the Lassiter comments come from but I could guess the crowd you hang around. Why don't you tell me and the entire TB board where those comments come from and what you mean by that????

Bottom line. I'm still a supporter of the G S C A and am glad they see what I'm trying to do.

Let us know what was meant by your Lassiter comments Ronnie.....we're all waiting.

By the way, thanks for the pics Lance

odell4o8 said:
I didnt hear anyone complain about his car,
thanks for the pictures
pic -0157 jpg right lane is my car that was a 5 lbs launch 29.5X 10.50 w mickeys with 14 lbs of air in them cold, afco rear shocks set on 0 , it hurt my oil pan and intercooler pipes when it come down , thanks again oc,

OC,

What day was that?
I would love to check out your ride!

Warped.
Thanks for the pictures again and sorry for the drama! :rolleyes:

Dusty Bradford said:
Ronnie, you can see that John was speaking about another car and not mine being faster than anything at the nats. I was there making test passes so I would be more prepared for 2 1/4 mile events I have later this year. Wolfe who is the guy that went 7.40's on radials will be my competition. You can see my 8.30's is almost 1 second behind which is why John posted what he did. As he said "it's getting out of hand"

Now Ronnie. We speak pretty regularly at the track and I know you're a die hard Buick guy. To be honest, I'm very dissapointed you walked right by Saturday with nothing to say to my face then post this on the board. I know how we stand now..... Would you feel better if my car went 10's instead of impressing the crowd with my low 8's on radials at 3550#? Do you feel it stole some of the show from the Buicks?? That's why they call it exibition passes. Conley and other buick guys have done it in the past in Chevy powered cars. Gives the spectators something else to watch. I had nothing but support from the racers and tons of spectators who came by in the pits. If you only knew how many more of these cars are doing this exact same conversion right now you would be suprised. Like it or not, this is the route MANY racers are taking. You wouldn't know because you've never tried to compete at the level I'm trying to. The only prayer a Buick will ever have at competing at this level is if the new Big Block Buick comes out. Then I may consider going back to Buick powerplant if the parts are priced similiarly. Fiscus and Gomes are trying to compete with the new TA motors and have shown that they can make the power......will they hold up. I certainly hope so because I'm friends with both of them. They both also support me 100% with my Chevy motor.

I know a few people had issues with me being there. I did not interfere with competition, I did not try to compete in any classes, I did not give the starting officials a hard time like some have said. A select few members had sand in their crack from seeing me there with this car. I was allowed to make these passes because some of my supporting vendors also support the nats and it's participants. This gave me an oppurtunity for my vendors to see how I've taken the knowledge and experience from my Turbo Buick and put it to work on a powerplant with many more options with much more reliability. I also brought a car owned by a friend to compete in TSM. I applaud the G S C A for not being closed minded like you and a few others and allowing me to make those passes last week. Being able to be at the track with Hartline who helps with my tune, Lance Ward who is a FAST guru and Harry from Precision turbo who supplies all my turbo's for any turbo car I work on was very valuable. I was able to make changes and improvements last week that would have taken months if we all were seperated by States and phone calls.

I still don't know where the Lassiter comments come from but I could guess the crowd you hang around. Why don't you tell me and the entire TB board where those comments come from and what you mean by that????

Bottom line. I'm still a supporter of the G S C A and am glad they see what I'm trying to do.

Let us know what was meant by your Lassiter comments Ronnie.....we're all waiting.

By the way, thanks for the pics Lance

Lassiter comments came from a couple of guys in the stands between the 60 ft but more closer to the 330 on the bleacher side of the track around 12:00 or so on Saturday. If I knew who they was i'd gladly tell ya or @ least PM ya but in 16 years of attendance I don't recall seeing much of them & don't know their names. Personally, i'd say it was more outta sarcasim & anger, & something to say to start something. Several people sitting in this area that I could hear was gripping to. Believe it or not, I for once kept my mouth shut & listened to others gripe. I promise you it's not something I made up.

If I was financially prepared to come-out with car it'd be a low 8 sec 1/4 mile Nitrous Buick V8 that i'd be riding thru town also.

The reason I didn't speak to you the other day was out of disappointment..... :(

I know I should keep my fat ass off of this board as 95% on here are chebby people & could care LESS about "Buick" all they care about is GM/chebby..I hate GM! I came here for the purpose to see what was being said of & see pictures from the event.

1 thing I like about Ford & Mopar people besides repecting & liking their brand is them people are LOYAL.

As for Conley, well like Kenne-Bell he too started with V8 Buicks. Remember the Hemi show down in '85 against his BUICK Stage 1?
I'm not 1 of his followers but he's a intellegent & nice guy. I guess him switching to chebby was like K-B switching to Fords..more money..a business decission?? I guess he's selling chebby parts now??? I don't know....!
I still don't remember in that 1 or 2 events when he brought that car making more than 2 passes if that..

This whole thing is about the principle..that this is a Buick/Buick powered event. Did you know there was also a Crappillac powered Lucerne running all week as well??
Might as well open the event to any 1/2-breed-Buick-bodied-car that wants to run & willing to pay the fees to get in. I am encouraging my buddy to drop the "Ford" drive-train outta his Mustang into a T-R & bring it next year! Might as well, it's the same principle!
It's like the G-S-C-A is giving their stamp of approval to the world that a Buick engine is crap & it takes a chebby to go fast, which is not true! They are promoting this! As bitter as I am about this I just repeated the comment I heard about Lassiter, & wished now that I wouldn't have. Up until this, I always had a lot of respect for the man & this event. It don't take a blind man to see that things like this along with politics & other reasons is why the participation & turn-out of the event is dropping more & more every year.

I understand now that it helped you out by being their with these vendors. Great, I'm all about helping people.
Why not use a chebby body for this project? Why disgrace a Buick (or for those who only believe in these :rolleyes: ) a turbo Buick?

I wouldn't be soo sure about the only way a Buick can compete @ this level is a BBB. Their has been people playing with & making over 1,000hp with Buick 350s & the progress still continues! :cool:

I doubt my test passes along with a cadillac is responsible for a drop in attendance. Think it had something to do with travel costs and people tired of paying $150 or more to make test passes during the week????

I didn't build this car for the purists, I built it for me. I have a 69 Camaro also, how many of those do you see at the track. With the Regal, GN style body you get a car with looks that set it apart from the Chevy's and Mustangs which was what I wanted. Not to mention the awesome suspension that comes in all G-bodies. The Regal is by far the best looking G-body IMO or else I'd built a Monte or Malibu. You can't make a reliable 1500hp with any current Buick V8. Try to build a reliable nitrous Buick motor for a low 8 second full weight car and you'll be picking up the pieces before you know it. The V6 stuff is just to high $$

I started racing V6 Buicks and learned a ton of stuff from those years which is why I have manged to put this car in the low 8's in a matter of a few passes. I am no different than Conley or any other hard core racer. We have to do whatever we can to compete at our desired level. In both mine and his case this meant building a better motor. Like it or not the Chevy is a superior motor in this application.

I was curious about the Lassiter comments because I know where some of them came from. Comments were made while some of my guys were around. It did nothing but make us laugh though, we definately didn't loose any sleep over it.

Dusty Bradford said:
I was curious about the Lassiter comments because I know where some of them came from. Comments were made while some of my guys were around. It did nothing but make us laugh though, we definately didn't loose any sleep over it.

Seems to me for every 1 person making negative comments, there are 5 others complimenting you on the bada$$ car. :cool: Guess you can't please them all.

pics,

john, the pictures are at multi 2 pics, taken sat, afternoon first round of TS0 , car in left lane was dave f

icus he won,

Last of the pics are up

I was not able to be trackside for most of the final action. I'm sure I missed a lot of great shots.

You can't make a reliable 1500hp with any current Buick V8. Try to build a reliable nitrous Buick motor for a low 8 second full weight car and you'll be picking up the pieces before you know it. The V6 stuff is just to high $$
Like it or not the Chevy is a superior motor in this application.
I disagree & so do others..
Ever talked to any PRO-V8 Buick engine builders (meaning Buicks are ALL they do) like Jim Wise, Jim Burek, Mike Phillips, etc??
Your probably rolling with what the chevy boys tell you... Wish I had the $$$$, i'd prove it to ya.. ;)
Although my dream car is only a 2,500 lb (including my fat ass) '32 Model A V8 Buick powered with Nitrous.

'69 Camaro is cool... :biggrin:

I'm glad you know the Lassiter comments didn't come from me then...

For years i've over-looked the bending & breaking of the rules & politics in the G-S-C-A which is a BIG reason of attendence & participation falling, although I agree that prices & fuel also play a role. This was the the straw that broke the camels back for me.
I'm not the only 1 that feels this way, i'm the only 1 that's not bashful or scared to voice it. Sticks & stones can't break my bones, only Liberals & taxes can hurt me..

buickman69 said:
I disagree & so do others..
Ever talked to any PRO-V8 Buick engine builders (meaning Buicks are ALL they do) like Jim Wise, Jim Burek, Mike Phillips, etc??
Your probably rolling with what the chevy boys tell you... Wish I had the $$$$, i'd prove it to ya.. ;)
Although my dream car is only a 2,500 lb (including my fat ass) '32 Model A V8 Buick powered with Nitrous.

'69 Camaro is cool... :biggrin:

I'm glad you know the Lassiter comments didn't come from me then...

For years i've over-looked the bending & breaking of the rules & politics in the G-S-C-A which is a BIG reason of attendence & participation falling, although I agree that prices & fuel also play a role. This was the the straw that broke the camels back for me.
I'm not the only 1 that feels this way, i'm the only 1 that's not bashful or scared to voice it. Sticks & stones can't break my bones, only Liberals & taxes can hurt me..

Ronnie I appreciate your love for Buicks, but it has blinded you from reason.
I have owned 3 Turbo Regals in the 18 years, that I have been in love with these cars. I also am a huge fan of heads up racing. A Buick v-6 can not compete with a turbocharged v-8 at a similar weight period! Since my friends Chris Chow and Dusty Bradford are both serious about competing at a National level and not just a Nationals Level they have stepped up to meet the competition. There is not a currently availible Buick Motor that is proven to live at 1500 to 2200HP. This is the level that is common with the Drag Radial through Outlaw Classes. If there is something out there that I don't know about please help me out. Until then bring it don't sing it!

I have 2 Stage 2 motors at home, if you are such a fan I will offer you a good deal so you can put something together to run Dusty. (and lose)
I will use that money to take care of my family, but if I did not have to I would build a small or big block with lot's of turbo.