National or Turbo T?

Westside500

Banned
Which do you guy's think is better? both 87's.. a National or a sleeper T? I am ready to buy and can't decide!!! I have wanted one for 17 years!~!!!!!:)

GN baby!! they all just wonder and get a big suprise with a T, but the GN leaves no doubt. You'll usually pay more for a GN,so you decide where you want to invest the money.

I would have to go GN all the way. I am all for the sleeper thing, but some of these T's just look TOOO much like a grandpa car. The GN looks just plain bad ass:D
Although, I have seen some bad lookin T's too. I like the White T with the GN grill and black trim. I also like the silver T's the same way. But I don't think I would buy a brown T with chrome trim and a vinyl top........eeew. No offense to you T owners out there. Just a matter of taste I guess.

gn or t

I have both. When I pull up at a car show with the GN...everyone comes over to look. When I pull up to the car show with my T-Limited (chrome trim)...Im usually the only one to look at it all nite. But it makes a great sleeper.

i'm going with the t. nothing aginst the gn, i wish i had one at times. its great having peopel not know what you have, you can tell them whatever you want, i've gone from having a 502 with a vacume leak to a 4 cyl. no one knew the difference. much better for making money with (not that i've ever raced it;) )

but its hard finding a race, no one wants to race a grandma car. i've gotten a lot of weired looks when i try to race a vette or something.

and there cheaper too! cheaper is good.

I have both. Both are great. I'm partial to the T, my wife to the GN. They are far fewer Ts, but apples to apples, GNs are worth more. Why? Image. My T is strip only, so the sleeper thing doesn't apply to my circumstance.

Oh, black cars are a MAJOR PITA to keep clean.

My flavor T? White and chrome...

The GNs look badass. I really wanted a T for the sleeper look effect, but couldn't find one w/ all the things I wanted. I dislike blue and maroon interiors, can't stand hood ornaments, hate bench seats and dispise column shifters. The GN presented itself and I bought it. It makes sense since my favor color is black. I do like seeing Turbo Buicks in color, though.

Later,

Steve.

It really depends on whether you want a sleeper on something that grabs attention. My GN has 207,000 miles on it, was painted about 6 years ago and shines, but has several dings, cracks in the B pillar, etc. Looks decent from several feet away, but when driving around town I get several thumbs up, people coming up to me asking to buy it, driving down the highway people honk and wave. My brother has a really nice convertible Camaro SS, and with the top down cruising the beach, the GN still gets 10 times the attention.

GO T!!! MOST THINK IT'S A GN ANYWAYS ;)

In all seriousness, when I was converted to TRs I wanted a GN. But a T presented itself AND I JUMPED ON IT AND HAVE NO REGRETS!

Either way you'll have what most want: a Turbo Regal.

Collector wise - the GN is always going to be worth more. Even the WE4's, although rarer, have never commanded more money.

If you want something more personal to yourself, you can find some nice rare "T"'s in various color combo's (WE4, WH1, blah-blah).

My vote: GN.

You can always find a "T" :)

Get a white, grey, silver, WH1, etc, T Type or T. Unless you like getting lost in a sea of black cars.

I sold my 87 GN just to get my TType. And I would have it no other way do to the fact most folks just don't see them coming, until it's to late......Get the T:cool:

Originally posted by 1of1547
Get a white, grey, silver, WH1, etc, T Type or T. Unless you like getting lost in a sea of black cars.

Or red...but hey, I'm biased :cool: :eek:

Thanks guy's for the replies!! I would love to have both!!! I just need to find one in my part of town.. Houston, Texas.....:)

Originally posted by Westside500
Thanks guy's for the replies!! I would love to have both!!! I just need to find one in my part of town.. Houston, Texas.....:)

Jeebus Crust man! Texas and Florida must have the most of both per capita. Get one(or both) and get busy laying waste to all who dare challenge.
Murphster: great pics of beautiful rides, kinda like a "heaven/hell" theme going on!