NASCAR header needed

tnttimber

I am looking for a set of normaly aspirated headers from an old Busch car for a project I have going. Any ides on where to find a set?

I have a low buck project going, putting a NASCAR Stage II in a 79 Mazda. I think a set of strait down headers will work or at least give me something to start with. Probably mild steel, since I may be modifying them to fit. Thanks for your reply, any input is greatly appreciated.

headers

I will check my have a storage shed and see if i still set they went down to as to have dual exhaust

That last post is a little confusing but I am still looking for a set of normally aspirated stageII headers.
thanks Nate

Melvin Thomas said:
I will check my have a storage shed and see if i still set they went down to as to have dual exhaust

I was just thinking the same thing, only in reverse. :biggrin:

The circle track headers you have, are they crossover headers or do they dump down and back on each side of the motor?
Im looking for a set of standard down and back headers. Do you have any pics?

thanks Nate

Nate,

No crossover. They are independant at each side. New they were over $1000. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Tyson

Attachments

• Picture 072.jpg
    Picture 072.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 79
Those look prety rough, but they would give me something to start with. Ive got a couple other people looking for me as well, let me know how much you want. I live in Northern California so it might be easy for us to do business.
Thanks Nate

Nate,

The exhaust is stainless. While they look rough, there is no rust through or problems of any sort. They have been sitting around for 10+ years so it is to be expected. They will clean up great with a little sand blasting or polishing. I'd take $150 plus shipping.

Tyson

Tyson, Im going to give it about a week and see what else comes up but you are talking in my price range so Ill let you know in a week or so.

Thanks Nate