My turbo 442 clone

olds443

See if this works...
http://photos.yahoo.com/a442turbo[/... you like and enjoy the picts. Thanks again!

I saw one of these in person at SIU, impressive car. I was walking up from 100 foot away, and thought it was a T-type at first because it was such a pristine looking paint job, but it didn't have the bulge hood. Definitely a nice looking car, do you have the lightening rods?

Thanks for the compliments. No, no lightning rods. It is actually a column shift car. Originally bench seat but I have some burgundy leather buckets from a Calais International that look and feel excellent.
Oh and it was just a regular Cutlass Supreme Brougham. When I was choosing colors I really liked the way the 442 colors looked but wanted more of a red. I liked the stripes so I ordered a set from Phoenix Graphix and couldn't help but put the 442 numbers on too. Some of the body mods are;

Hurst type spoiler / air dam from Lauren Engineering

Monte SS rear spoiler modified to fit (from junk yard)

grilles are from an '81 (may paint inserts black as 442's came)

Headlights are from an 87. Cut buckets out from header panel to fit then made brackets. Still have to make a trim plate to fill in the gap.

Still have not decided if I want to add a hood scoop though.

I get asked all the time if it is a real 442, the last time I was out on a test drive and some guy in a Mustang yelled "does that have a 442 in it?" I just laughed and said "no, better!" and punched it.

Just added a pict, little blurry but you get the idea.
I took an original emblem rom an 84 or 85 Turbo Riviera to a local viny graphics place. They are popular for all their ricer graphics.
Anyway they copied it and changed the lettering to white and made the gold and the yellow to my liking. I had 4 printed for $30.
I would have used the original emblem but I only could find the one and it was discolored slightly. It is very hard to find these emblems. The decal below a decal probably looks better anyway.

gotta say I'm insanely jealous of that car. Before my WE4, I had an 86 442 that was Metallic blue on top with silver bottom. The car was MINT. I wanted to do a turbo swap soooo bad, but didn't have the money. So I sold the car, saved up and got my WE4. I beat myself up everyday for ever selling that car.

I finally had time and dug out the old photos from when I first started working on this car. Take a look if you'd loike to see what I started with.
Click on the link in the beginning posts.

I did drive it as is in the first few pictures for awhile (pounded the fender out to get the hood to close and pulled the headlight and twisted it back somewhat straight. Process took about two years before paint was complete so that is why some parts are shown on then off again.

Thanks, I just thought I would post some picts for two reasons;
1)So people could see what I started out with and
2) so others who have had their cars wrecked or started with something in less than desirable condition could be motivated to fix their GN, etc rather than strip and junk them.

Kinda interested to see what the appraisal guy says it's worth after everything once I get an appraisal done (Insurance reasons).

There we go that should work. Post directly above this one is before and during.
Original post is the after/current.