my track results...

sasmith350

went to the track (kcir) sunday....drove the buick to the f-body shootout, stopped along side the road when the right tailpipe came off and a highway patrolman who wanted to compliment me on my car stopped and checked it out....didn't bat an eye at the roll bar/5 point harness or helmet...told me to have a fun day...

then got to the track, me and a buddy were the 1st 2 cars down the strip...20.9 second pass since it was 40 degrees and i wasn't use to launching the car yet, heavy coat and the 5 point caused me to miss third and 4th, so i just cruised the track to see where everything was(lights/turnoffs)

scan0001.jpg

2nd run...bad launch....spun thru second, missed third, spit out the driveshaft after breaking the pinion gear at the 1000 foot mark...still coasted to a 15.5 at 88 mph

scan0002.jpg

this sucks

PICT0057.jpg

2nd run.....last of the day for me....

plenty of funny quotes from the guys as the day went along....

one friend who caravaned to the track(trailered his low 10 second lightning)...."so scott, do you think the track out drove you?"

i can't remember who said this...but they owe me a new pressure regulator line...."d##n...thats the first one of these i've seen that isn't broken"...snap...."oops"

lightning owner...."the track isn't hooking today", followed by me..."i beg to differ, at 1000ft, it does hook"

saw a couple of malibu's, a single monte carlo, and about 15 assorted gn's and t-types along with a GNX....most guys were in the 11's and 12's due to the crappy track conditions.
met one guy on here, can't remember his name...i just remember the nice car, and the boost problems he was having....all the gn owners were pretty friendly, didn't mind me standing around asking questions or just listening in on the conversations....