My Stable (I NEED a Buick!)

DeanMarcum

I have had a few Buicks over the years, the last was an 85 with a 4.1, Spearco intercooler and custom headers (moved the turbo down where the a/c comp was). I got into Supras pretty heavily for a while and have run 11's with them. I still have two MKIII Supras:
The "brown car" 512 RWHP, 3.0 liter straight 6 turbo
CarFront.JPG

CarFrontSide.JPG

PassengerSideSmoothCover1.JPG

The "red car" Lexus 1U V8 conversion
redcarexterior.JPG

Motor Installed.jpg

FWD "terror"! 04 Pontiac GP GTP with a few "extras":
NewFrontSide.JPG

And the new "Project":
Oldsexterior.JPG

Oldsengine.JPG

I am a "car guy". I don't care what kind it is as long as there's something cool about it. I miss my TR and will continue to look for one. The GP and the brown Supra are smog legal, daily drivers. The red Supra is smog legal (that was a PAIN) but I still need to do some work on her (no a/c for example). The Olds is my newest project. I will be spending a lot of time on it as I LOVE the sounds and performance potential of these motors!

Comments are welcome!

-Dean

Very nice, I'll have to show your Supra to a buddy of mine. He drives a red 89 naturally aspirated and has a black turbo car that he bought but found the engine trashed.

Cool

Nice olds clean swap,and cool sleeper:cool: they will never know what hit them...:biggrin:

Was that Olds featured in Car Craft or one of those similar magazines many years back?? - I think I still have the article somewhere....Looks awful familiar...

Was that Olds featured in Car Craft or one of those similar magazines many years back?? - I think I still have the article somewhere....Looks awful familiar...

I think it was Popular Hot Rodding?? about a bazillion years ago. In the 80's if i remember right.:confused:

Yep it is an old magazine car. It no longer has the TH400, stock 200R4 right now. That will probably change very shortly though.

-Dean

Good to see that car is still around. I've wanted to put a 4 door regal together for years but haven't found a body i've liked....... yet.

It's been sitting for the most part for a few years. I am trying to take care of all of the cosmetic stuff right now. Engine runs a bit rough and bogs off idle some times. New plugs and wires helped a bit. I am leaning toward AFM or TPS (both check out fine but you know how that goes). I am thinking about going over to the 86-87 ECU, need to do some research to see if there are any other harnesses I can use or if I can piece one together. I have a connection for the MAFT so that would go in and would only need to pick up the ignition module I guess---the module from whatever car I snag a harness from might work as well. I've decided to stick wth the Olds dash and have already pulled it to refinish it. Will probably snag a 442 gauge cluster (oil pressure, water temp, battery and fuel along wish a tach and speedo) instead of the stock idiot lights. Over all the car is still in really good shape, fixed a few rust spots and need to align the fenders (and will probably black chome all of the factory bright chrome). Replaced all the weatherstriping up front already and just need to do the rear doors now (if I can find some weatherstriping for them). It'll be a fun project and once I get it running halfway decent I'll probably drive it over to ITS so Ola can take a look at it and recommend a turbo upgrade.

-Dean

I think it was Popular Hot Rodding?? about a bazillion years ago. In the 80's if i remember right.:confused:

I found the article last night - sure enough, it was PHR.

Nice to see that those old magazine cars don't evaporate into nothingness... I want to know where the 84/85 GN is that Hot Rod magazine put a T-5 manual into using all GM parts - I've always wanted to do that in a G body (still have that article too!)