My results after power plate install

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
Ok,I finally got around to installing my power plate and this is what I got:
1st of all I didn't adjust anything,all I did was install the power plate.Here are some of my settings:
fp was 39 line off
boost was set at 23lbs.My o2's were starting off around 890 and coming down to around 830.
I was seeing 2 degrees of knock.

After installing the plate I saw 0 knock.My o2's were now starting off around 880 and coming down to 790!!!
I am really pleased with how the car is running right now,it definetly feels alot stronger down low & up top:D
It was well worth the money & only took 30 minutes to install!!!Thanks Jason for such an awesome product at a great price!!!

The Darkside:cool:

I was hoping mine would smooth out the in Park idle but no dice. same as before. I am going to try a little more boost now and see how it handles it.

I installed mine with a V8 guy over the house. When we fired it up, he commented "this thing idles pretty smooth for a V6". Let's face it, these cars aren't known for smooth idle! So I paid a little closer attention and it did seem to idle smoother than I remember on a cold start.

Could be my imagination though :D

Good luck with the boost.

Mike [:)

As far as the idle goes,I've heard others say it improved their idle and I "think"my car idled a little smoother,but I'm not 100% sure that it did to be honest.Regardless if it did or didn't improve my idle,it sure improved the cars performance!!!That I'm 110% sure of!!!:D

The Darkside :cool:

Power plate installed

I just installed one of these power plates. I DID notice a improved idle. The car idles alot better with the plate installed. I could tell from the moment I started the car up. I don't know if make a different but im running a big cam ( comp 218/218 ).
The idle might change from a big cam to a small cam with the power plate installed. I haven't got on the car yet so I don't if I can run a little extra boost with no more knock, but I will keep you guys updated.

Just my 02 worth

See YAA:cool:

Put mine on Saturday. It definately idles smoother and general cruising is smoother. Noticable difference, not "I think".Before, it would sort of "surge" while sitting at a light if it eased on the brake while idling. Now, it's as smooth as a Cadillac, a REALLY hyper Cadillac!

No numbers tho. :(

blackbuick87,
The Red chip makes 17 lbs. Unless my boost gauge is wrong (autometer), I'd say I regularly see 16 lbs. The same day I put on the plate, I also dumped in a jug of fuel injector cleaner. I am getting a surge now, but it may be the cleaner, so I'll hold judgement until I burn this tank and top off. I also don't have a scan tool yet, so I'm "in the dark".
Do you have any track times?

Naw, the tracks are not open up here yet but its running pretty good. I would have to say its in the mid to low 13's. I am getting usually about 15lbs right now, and I am heading to the garage tonight to try to turn it up to 17. Also I just got the idle dialed in last night and it idles pretty good. I think the power plate did help the idle now that I have messed with it a little. When does it surge, in idle and out of gear? I had that until last night

I installed the PowerPlate too, but unfortunately I guess, I also installed a 3" THDP at the same time as I have limited time to work on the car. I noticed an immediate improvement in spool-up time (zooms up to 19psi immediately--with alcohol injection) and I had to crank my boost way down to keep from running over 24psi. However I'm getting some weird knock readings on T-Link. I'll get 6 degrees of retard at 11psi, then at 19 I'll be getting 1 or 2 degress. Actually getting more knock overall than I was before the install. I may have found the culprit though--one of the wires was slightly loose on my Hobbs switch (which activates the alcohol injection solenoid). I haven't been able to run it with T-link since then though, so I dunno....
Anyway, obvious power increase, but I don't know if it's all THDP or a combination of down-pipe and powerplate.
Keith

sounds like the THDP is hitting something and causing false knock-unless it is transitional as sometimes happens with alky.

it would be interesting to see someone accually try there car at the track an see if there is any performance gain....butt dyno's are overrated :)

Originally posted by mkazigian
I installed mine with a V8 guy over the house. When we fired it up, he commented "this thing idles pretty smooth for a V6". Let's face it, these cars aren't known for smooth idle! So I paid a little closer attention and it did seem to idle smoother than I remember on a cold start.

Could be my imagination though :D

Good luck with the boost.

Mike [:)

Musta been that chip...