My restoration started

Thanks for the compliments! I just got all my hot wire kits in the mail, so tomarrow ill be installing the fuel tank so that I can finally check off the fuel system from my to do list and complete the trans cooler lines. Hopefully I will start her up soon as I want to hear her run. I got the car not running so im really excited!

You my friend are not only talented by through. Guy has enough skills not only to do the job right but take snaps while doing it.
My car has been sitting outside for years while I have rust free floor pans and a brand new one sitting in the garage waiting to go in.

I have to ask would you have been able to get that full pan in with the body on the frame and with the engine in?
I guess that's why my body work hasn't got done. No where to strip the car down and leave that way for a while.
Sucky part about renting.

Again Good Work.

You my friend are not only talented by through. Guy has enough skills not only to do the job right but take snaps while doing it.
My car has been sitting outside for years while I have rust free floor pans and a brand new one sitting in the garage waiting to go in.

I have to ask would you have been able to get that full pan in with the body on the frame and with the engine in?
I guess that's why my body work hasn't got done. No where to strip the car down and leave that way for a while.
Sucky part about renting.

Again Good Work.

Thanks! I think the floor pan can be installed with engine in but might have to remove trans in order to get to the pinch welds on the trans tunnel, but it can be done with a little patience. I understand the whole renting thing, best thing is rent a small garage that will not cost you much, or like i do, go to a family member and use their garage in return for a few bucks maybe even trade for work.

Goog luck with yours feel free to ask anything or if you want to see certain pic. Thanks!

That's the spot I was thinking on. Thanks.

Been trying to rent a garage for years. Up here as soon as you tell them you want to do bodywork on a car in there, well I mean to say, folks look at you like your a terrorist threat. At which point they decline let you rent the place.

That leaves me with only renting a commercial location which is pricey.

I did want to say that the full pan you got looks like a better fit than the separate DS/PS sections. Like I said earlier I have both rust free from a donor and the new ones.

On the DS I test fitted both and the donor fit like a glove while the new one I never could get it to lay right. Especially in the foot-well (under the e-brake) along the frame.

The full pan you got is has the same cut's and shape as the original's did along the frame which I think makes a big difference.

Its time to work on the doors. I was thinking about removing the skin to repair the inner flange as well as the skin at both corners. I can make those flanges easy at work on the sheet metal brake and save some $$$$. Heres a few pics of the RUST

Attachments

• DOOR repairs 035.JPG
    DOOR repairs 035.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • DOOR repairs 036.JPG
    DOOR repairs 036.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 151
  • DOOR repairs 037.JPG
    DOOR repairs 037.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • DOOR repairs 045.JPG
    DOOR repairs 045.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • DOOR repairs 044.JPG
    DOOR repairs 044.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 174
  • DOOR repairs 046.JPG
    DOOR repairs 046.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 160
If I can get both doors for cheap ill take them, but out here they are all full of rust. I cant seem to find the guy that had one listed in craislist for a while, then i saw that he listed it here, but cant find the thread. Probably sold.

Looks like I will be replacing the skin, sand blast and repair the inner door shell, too much bondo for me.

Attachments

• Pass. door repair 004.JPG
    Pass. door repair 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 198
  • Pass. door repair 006.JPG
    Pass. door repair 006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
  • Pass. door repair 012.JPG
    Pass. door repair 012.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 195
I started to fix my passenger lower door flange, but have been busy working on the 54 chevy. I hope to get done with that 54 in a couple weeks, and order my door skins afterwards.heres a couple pics.

Attachments

• DSC09344.JPG
    DSC09344.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 185
  • 54 recent 318.jpg
    54 recent 318.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 186
Its my cousins car. Its the way im making money for Buick parts.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Im back at it again, with the decent weather I managed to install the doors I bought from another member. I also installed the fbody fans with minimal expense and effort. You can see where I sliced the bottom of the shroud so that I could install the stainless L brackets I made. I drilled three 1/8 holes and riveted the brackets. The driver side fan needed a little bit cut off to clear the P/S gearbox.
I installed the lt1 maf and 3" intake elbow. Im still trying to line the fenders for mock up, so that I can start the body work.
I cant even fire her up because im waiting on my downpipe to get here from gbodys.

Attachments

• new GN pics 001.JPG
    new GN pics 001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • f body dual fans 004.JPG
    f body dual fans 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 148
  • f body dual fans 002.JPG
    f body dual fans 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
  • f body dual fans 005.JPG
    f body dual fans 005.JPG