"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Regal007.jpg

Regal005.jpg

buicks007.jpg

buicks006.jpg

misc003.jpg

Not a turbo car but thought I'd share.

Always wanted one of these when I was in high school back in '95. That's when G body cars were popular among us highschool kids. I had an 86 Cutlass back then that didn't survive an accident 6 days after I took delivery.

Fast forward 10 years later....decided I still wanted one and started searching online...found this one 30 miles from my house almost overnight. It was a 1 owner Florida car. No rust, no dents. Paint was faded and interior was in need of a make over but the best part was this was a 72k unmolested survivor car. Solid too. And it ran and drove great. Little 3.8 liter 2 bbl carb fed and a TH-200 auto sent the power to a 7.5 rear with a 2.41:1 ring and pinion. Yes it was probably the biggest slug I've ever driven (besides my '81 Capri with the 200 inline 6/C4 auto) but I fell in love with the car.

Then Uncle Sam gave me orders to move across the U.S. and I couldn't keep it, so I sold it, along with a Chevelle. I still wished I had my old Regal today, I'd probably be building a 455 for it. But I told myself I'd have another Regal but it would be a turbo car. That's how I got my TR.

All I remember is when we used to get a carbed V6 Buick in the shop (in any g body) it mostly had oil leaks and a "tip in" hesitation that wasn't related to the accelerator pump shot. Purge valves would go bad all the time too. Other than that I liked them.

Yours looked nice too!

Thanks.

Purge valve....the diverter valve for the air injection pump? Mine used to make this noisy hollow rattle.

I do recall the choke pull off didn't work right when I first got it and it would idle like it had a radical camshaft in the mornings. Once I fixed that it ran smooth as butter.